Highlighted
Flintskye
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 22, 2019

QC 35 No STEREO Profile WINDOWS 10

Recently fiddled with my laptop (Dell XPS 9560 WINDOWS 10) and updated most of my drivers, and now having this problem where my laptop sees only the HANDS-FREE bluetooth connection so all the sounds coming out from the QC35's sound very muddled, the STEREO toggle doesnt seem to pop out. Looking for some ideas on how to fix this pickle.

Thanks ya'll!

Heres what I've done so far:

-Firmware update

-Rolled back the bluetooth driver update - Connects but only sees Hands-free/Voice

-Uninstalled bluetooth drivers on device manager, restart, tried reconnecting QC35 - Connects but Stereo no where to be found only Hands-free

P.S. I checked the Sound>Playback with Show Disable & Disconnected Devices toggle and the Stereo popping as options

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
David Moore
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Oct 20, 2017

Re: QC 35 No STEREO Profile WINDOWS 10

Author Accepted Answer selected by Flintskye

Looks like the A2DP profile support has been deinstalled from your system.

Make a backup of your important files to external media and then consider using the System Restore feature as there should have been a restore point autonatically created before you started to make driver changes.

If that does not work then you may need to completely reinstall and let Windows updates reapply.

If like me you have the orignal qc35 note the software update to 2.5.5 which is working ok on my unit having updated with Bose Connect.

4 REPLIES 4
David Moore
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Oct 20, 2017

Author Accepted Answer selected by Flintskye

Looks like the A2DP profile support has been deinstalled from your system.

Make a backup of your important files to external media and then consider using the System Restore feature as there should have been a restore point autonatically created before you started to make driver changes.

If that does not work then you may need to completely reinstall and let Windows updates reapply.

If like me you have the orignal qc35 note the software update to 2.5.5 which is working ok on my unit having updated with Bose Connect.

joelirwin
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

I have spent countless hours on this - either the Bose devices don't get recognized/discovered at all (and I have a QC35, Soundsport wireless, soundlink mini ii, and two Revolve's) or the two bluetooth devices - headset and stereo renderer get defined but the stereo renderer is always 'offline'.  The other device btw is for the bluetooth HFP profile which is for voice over IP applications like Skype.  As you know, phone conversations are always in mono (mostly on the one speaker such as in your car) and not designed for music streaming.

You can certainly take the other advise here but here are some other suggestions:

1. If you have not done so - go to windows and uninstall everything bluetooth and factory reset your QC35.  Make sure there are no bluetooth related devices defined to windows. That will probably not help but who knows?

2. Now reinstall the current driver.  If that does not help, repeat #1 and install the latest driver if you weren't using it.  Then try drivers back two years.

3. If you get nowhere with the bluetooth vendor, try uninstalling (and looking for) windows update for bluetooth conflicts.  Go back about two years.

If none of that works, like me, you can continue but you are probably hitting your head against the wall.  I have a Dell Precision with win 7/64.  I don't think the version of windows makes a difference (seen complaints about 7 and 10 here) and reinstalling windows from scratch or from a backup is very time consuming and could (but unlikely) yield any different results.  The bottom line imho, is that the three parties - your bluetooth vendor, Microsoft, and Bose are not communicating in the agreed bluetooth 4.x standard and none of them will probably see fixing this as a high priority - especially since BT 5.0 has been out over a year and they are working on BT 5 products and deliverables.

So you can sell or otherwise give away your Bose gear and perhaps another vendor will do a better job in your environment.  Or you can replace one your three components.  Now my Dell uses an integrated wifi/BT mini-board which installs in the bottom of the laptop on the right from Intel.  Others here have had similar experiences as I have with Intel.  Dell normally will only support and replace a product with the same product.  However, I have managed to get Dell to agree to replace it with a different functionally equivalent wifi/BT product based on I believe 'broadcom'.  I hope to get that done in the next week or so.  If that works - great.  If not, I am no worse off.

Why?.... because my Intel is currently disabled in windows and I have purchased for about $12 on eBay, the SMK Nano USB BT Dongle with CSR drivers.  This solution works fine for all my devices though I still have the BT 'volume' issue with my Revolve's which need to be worked separately (unless the Dell exchange above fixes it).

Flintskye
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 22, 2019

I was literally about to bang my head up a wall when it happened, definitely did not want to go the dongle route aswell. I tried doing everything on your list but ended up on giving in and restoring my laptop to a restore point a couple of months back. Now all the features are working well again, the problem seemed to stem on the laptops bluetooth drivers, it wasnt just the QC35 that had the problem I tried to connect my other BT plugs on and went straight to voice.

Moral of the story: If the bluetooth drivers are working fine, leave it, dont mess with it.

Community Manager

Hi Flintskye,

That's great to hear that the Community helped to resolve this issue!  Thanks to @David Moore and @joelirwin, your help is always greatly appreciated!

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support