Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 12, 2017

QC 35 Phone Call Issues

Hello,

I've had my Bose QC 35 headphones for about 10 months now. I am now experiencing very frustrating issues when trying to connect to phone calls. These issues started about 6 months ago and have persisted to today.

My issue is that when I turn my headphones on, they pair well and I am able to verify this using the Bose iPhone app and by playing music. I have no issues with sound quality of media content coming to me from my headphones.

However, when I make a phone call, one of two things happens. One of these issues happens in about 75% of the phone calls I attempt:

1) The phone call connects and I'm able to hear the other person, but they say I sound very choppy like a robot.

or

2) The Bose headphone does not "pick up" the phone call. The call is connected, but people on the end can not hear me through the Bose headphone and I can't hear them. My phone still shows that my headphones are connected, and if I try to switch to the headphone connection on my iPhone, I'm not able to.

Steps I have tried to resolve this issue:

- Rebooted headphone (did not work)

- Deleted bluetooth connection and paired again (did not work)

- Disconnected phone from headphone by turning headphone off, turned headphone on again (very rarely works)

Any advice? Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 12, 2017

Re: QC 35 Phone Call Issues

I have the same exact issues, mine are about 8 months old. Downloaded the new app and tried that, it did not work. 

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hi,

Thanks for posting. I just wanted to drop in and say we are actively discussing this topic in another post. Here is a link.

QC35 and QC30 for communication

Thanks

Tony

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 14, 2017

Hi, I'm experiencing the same problem.

Same firmware version but the issue was happening with the previous versions.

Issue happens when making phone calls on either my iPhone 6Plus (version 5.62.00), Windows 10 Surface Pro or my Mac Air.

The symptom seems to be signalling strength but can confirm every time phone calls are made or received the Bluetooth signal strengths are strong; devices are within a hand reach away.

Hearing the caller through the headphone sounds really patchy, very robotic distorted sound. Quality of call diminishes the longer you're on the call; problem starts within 2-4 seconds within the call. Problem seems to take longer to occur when you first turn on the head phone and the first task it performs is a phone call, the problem will occur after 15-20 seconds but there after every phone call afterwards the problem occurs after 2-4 seconds.

Music quality is fine, I can listen to iTunes, web radio on all devices without issues, it seems to only affect phone calls. Perhaps it has something to do with bidirectional traffic. Listening to music, the head phone is only receiving (A2DO), while phone calls are both receiving and transmitting.

Applications I have open on those devices are irrelevant, as I've had no applications open except making a phone call and the problem occurs.

The problem is not related to how many devices are paired to the headset while making phone call, as I had only the one device paired and the problem occurs.

Problem persist whether I'm on 4G or Wifi, signal strengths and speed on 4G and WiFi are also strong when the problem occurs.

I've connect a Sony and Sennheiser Bluetooth headphones to all 3 of my devices and it does not experieince the problem described above.

The problem is so bad I now do not make phone calls on the headphone. Please resolve this problem.

Clearly I am not the only one experiencing this problem.

Phanh