Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 14, 2016

QC 35 Static Microphone Noice

When connected to bluetooth the sound works as it should, but when I use the microphone the sound turn static, and the recieving end just get a lot of horrible static sound aswell. 

I've tried to use both integrated and a usb-dongle for the bluetooth, but I've concluded that there is something wrong with the mic. What should I do? 

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 13, 2016

Re: QC 35 Static Microphone Noice

If you've tried multiple devices and people you are talking to are are still complaining about static, I would call customer service to swap it out. I had some mic static, but it ended up being because I was using skype and I had a bad internet connection. 

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 13, 2016

Re: QC 35 Static Microphone Noice

Thank you for reaching out for help. The microphone is designed for use making calls with a mobile phone, so the first thing we'll want to do is connect the headphones to a smartphone and compare the results.. If you experience an issue with static making calls on a mobile phone, there may be an issue with the headset and we would recommend contacting support:

https://global.bose.com/en_us/index.html

If the issue only happens on the computer, let's check the Bluetooth profile for a computer. It likely defaults to A2DP, which is the most common transmission protocol for music. You'll want to change that to HSP.