Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
senui
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 19, 2018

QC 35 White noise / hiss, only on one device

Dear community,

I am having troubles with my relatively new QC 35 II in wireless mode. When playing audio through them I keep hearing a constant hissing sound in the background, which is not part of the audio track. I do not experience this when I have my headphones plugged with the audio jack, nor with other devices, such as my phone.

The device I am experiencing this problem with is a Dell laptop running the Ubuntu 16.04 operating system. Is there a way to get rid of this white noise? I am open to suggestions. Let me know if I need to undertake any action to narrow down the cause of the issue!

Cheers,

Jimmy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
senui
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 19, 2018

Re: QC 35 White noise / hiss, only on one device

Author Accepted Answer selected by senui

I updated my QC35 today (through the Bose Connect app), and it seems that the hissing sound is gone!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Shiloh_C
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Aug 25, 2017

Hi there, Jimmy!

I'd like to welcome you to the community, I'm glad that you reached out!  That's certainly not ideal, let's get this figured out for you so you can fully enjoy your QC35s.  For troubleshooting purposes, can you please test the headphones (with a Bluetooth connection) with another device to see if this hissing sound is present across several devices?

Thank you so kindly and I hope that your week is splendid.

Take the kindest care,

Shiloh 

senui
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 19, 2018

Hi, Yes I have tested it with another device (my phone) and the hissing sound is not present there.

senui
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 19, 2018

Author Accepted Answer selected by senui

I updated my QC35 today (through the Bose Connect app), and it seems that the hissing sound is gone!

View solution in original post