Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
srinugs
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 16, 2016

QC 35 and Windows 10 connection issues! - Help

Bose QuietComfort 35 Bluetooth Headphones Connected in Bluetooth Settings, Disconnected in Playback Devices

My new Bose headphones show as Connected in Windows 10 Bluetooth Settings:

But they show as Disconnected in the Sound Playback Devices:

My Bluetooth Adapter is from Realtek:

And has the latest driver:

The headphones show up under both Devices and Unspecified:

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling Windows 10.

I've tried uninstalling, reinstalling and updating various Bluetooth drivers, both Realtek and Microsoft.

I've tried many combinations of connecting, restarting, and powering up and down both the headphones and PC.

I've tried having only one of the two devices installed and/or connected.

I've tried changing which services are enabled: the "Audio Sink" service controls whether "Bluetooth A2DP Stere Audio" shows up in the playback device list while the "Handsfree Telephony" service controls whether "Bluetooth Handsfree Audio" shows up in the list.

Nothing I have done changes the devices from showing up in the playback devices list as "Disconnected".

The headphones work great with my Android phone.

Any ideas on how I can get the headphones to show up as "Connected" in the playback devices list?

I have spent hours troubleshooting this with no luck.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
srinugs
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 16, 2016

Re: QC 35 and Windows 10 connection issues! - Help

Author Accepted Answer selected by Mohsin_S
Hi,

Many thanks for your suggestion.
I am actually be able to connect my PC now. I actually ordered a bluetooth device from amazon for my PC. Amazon link for it here

'Plugable USB Bluetooth 4.0 Low Energy Micro Adapter (Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Raspberr... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B009ZIILLI/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_c_api_kaiLybWBCHB2Q'

The pairing with this new bluetooth device worked well and I am able to connect. However, I still did not understand what is wrong with my inbuild bluetooth device on my PC. Probably those drivers aren't supporting Bose device. But, I am glad I am able to get down this problem somehow.

Thanks everyone for your help. I hope this will help others.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Tony_G
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

srinugs, thank you for the question. Because the headphones work with your Android phone points to a compatibility issue with Windows 10.   I have found a thread on Microsoft's support site that has some possible solutions to try,  you can get there by clicking HERE.

kencoope17
Participant
Registered since

Jan 3, 2017

I had same issue. ILooking at the first graphic (Settings) in your post. I find that if I turn off the QC35 headset, disconnect, unpair both QC35 symbols, you may not see t he symbols - fine, add the symbols then turn on the QC35 and then pair it works.

I have given up trying to connect to Win 7. If you can help with this - appreciated.

Regards - Ken

mattmanireland
Participant
Registered since

Feb 2, 2017

Same here,can't connect to windows 7 or 10.

Need to connect QC35 to windows 7. Tried for hours, and hours. No luck. Updated to latest firmware 1.2.9 (i think) today. Still no good.

Also tired on windows 10 - with 4 different bluetooth dongles(various software disks, patches etc etc). from V2.2 to V4.0 from 4 different companys. SO !

Try searching for "3.5mm jack to bluetooth" on ebay(from a chineese based store) . I found a solution, waiting to be delivered. So hopefully QC35 will connect to those. As the 3.5mm jack fits into pc, and then try to connect to the bluetooth transmitter (cost about 15 euro). I will let you know, if this works. 

On that note, they DO connect to my chromebook, all phones, tablets etc. Except for windows 7 / 10. I'm kinda blaming windows for this as the QC work on all my other devices.

M.

srinugs
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 16, 2016

Author Accepted Answer selected by Mohsin_S
Hi,

Many thanks for your suggestion.
I am actually be able to connect my PC now. I actually ordered a bluetooth device from amazon for my PC. Amazon link for it here

'Plugable USB Bluetooth 4.0 Low Energy Micro Adapter (Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Raspberr... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B009ZIILLI/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_c_api_kaiLybWBCHB2Q'

The pairing with this new bluetooth device worked well and I am able to connect. However, I still did not understand what is wrong with my inbuild bluetooth device on my PC. Probably those drivers aren't supporting Bose device. But, I am glad I am able to get down this problem somehow.

Thanks everyone for your help. I hope this will help others.

View solution in original post