Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jim.snyder44
Participant
Registered since

Jul 31, 2017

QC 35 audio input cable needs frequent jiggling

The jacks at either end of my PC to QC 35 audio cable partially or completely "go dead" with the slightest bump or movement of the cable or the jacks themselves.  The instructions say to seat it completely and firmly but that doesn't work for me.  I have to play with it (slightly more in or out) until the connection is made and the sound is right in both ears.  That seems to be too fine an adjustment to stay put.  One solution is to switch to a bluetooth transmitter.  Has anybody had this problem with the 3.5 mm jack to PC on a transmitter? Brand new QC 35 and cable!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Eve
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 4, 2017

Re: QC 35 audio input cable needs frequent jiggling

Author Accepted Answer selected by Tony_G

Plug it in all the way. I had the same problem before. When you plug it in further it will help.

-Eve
(Moderator Edit ** Removed link to external site**)

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Tony_G
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

jim.snyder44

Thanks for posting. So sorry to hear about that. If I could ask, Is the issue with your cable only on your computer? Does it do the same thing if connected to a mobile device?

If your cable is sensitive with more than one source device, I would recommend reaching out to your local Bose support for a new cable. Here is a link you can use. Click on your country, scroll down to "Contact Us"

Hope that helped

Tony

jim.snyder44
Participant
Registered since

Jul 31, 2017

I'm going to try the advice but, believe it or not, I don't have another device with music on it.  I'm probably a caveman compared to all other members.  When I put some music on my phone and try that I'll let you know.  In the meantime, I found a sweet spot - not all the way in at either end - that seems to provide a consistent signal.  It also helps if I don't jump when someone walks up behind me wanting to talk.  They are amazed that I can't hear them coming.  I'm going to place a small mirror so I can see behind me.  You can close the thread.  Thank you.

Mirula
Participant
Registered since

Aug 21, 2017

Are you referring to the 2.5 mm end or the 3.5 mm end? If it's about the 2.5 mm end (connects to the headset): Have you plugged it in all the way? I had the same problem before I noticed I had to plug it in just a little further with more force for it to click all the way in! 

jim.snyder44
Participant
Registered since

Jul 31, 2017

Thanks for the reply.  I leave the 3.5 (at the PC) plugged in at a depth that works and then I taped the wire to my desk so that that there is no movement at the the 3.5 end.  Then, here is what I've discovered at the other end (2.5 at the left ear head set):  If plugged in all the way there is no sound.  The head set keeps telling me there is no mobile device available meaning, to me, that it isn't receiving input from the cable and is trying to find a bluetooth connections.  If I pull the jack out just a little, the cable connection works but with only the left ear receiving a signal.  If I pull it out a wee bit more, I receive the full sound in both ears and it sounds great.  That is what I meant about finding the sweet spot.  I'm sure it is not supposed to work that way, but I don't know which is at fault - the 2.5 cable jack or the receptical in the earphones or both.

Mirula
Participant
Registered since

Aug 21, 2017

@jim.snyder44 wrote:

Thanks for the reply.  I leave the 3.5 (at the PC) plugged in at a depth that works and then I taped the wire to my desk so that that there is no movement at the the 3.5 end.  Then, here is what I've discovered at the other end (2.5 at the left ear head set):  If plugged in all the way there is no sound.  The head set keeps telling me there is no mobile device available meaning, to me, that it isn't receiving input from the cable and is trying to find a bluetooth connections.  If I pull the jack out just a little, the cable connection works but with only the left ear receiving a signal.  If I pull it out a wee bit more, I receive the full sound in both ears and it sounds great.  That is what I meant about finding the sweet spot.  I'm sure it is not supposed to work that way, but I don't know which is at fault - the 2.5 cable jack or the receptical in the earphones or both.

Ah, thats different from my problem.. Good luck in finding a solution though!

Eve
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 4, 2017

Author Accepted Answer selected by Tony_G

Plug it in all the way. I had the same problem before. When you plug it in further it will help.

-Eve
(Moderator Edit ** Removed link to external site**)

View solution in original post

jim.snyder44
Participant
Registered since

Jul 31, 2017

Thanks, Eve.  I thought I was doing that after I had received the same advice from others.  However, I was plugging it in without looking at it and it seemed to insert all the way.  I tried one more time after receiving your note and noticed that there was a slight gap.  I turned it a bit and it went in further.  That worked.  Apparently, there is a groove or something in the receptical that aligns it just right.  Thanks for the followup!  - Jim