Re: QC 35 ii Google assistant issues

Hello Heyitsme93,

Have you already set up the google assistant in the google assistant app? If not then go through the set up again as google assist may need access to your contacts in order to work properly to make call commands. 

Let me know how you get on.

Kindest regards,

Zoe C

heyitsme93
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Sep 12, 2018

It can sometimes make call commands and sometimes do texting commands (but only if I do it a specific way and even then it still doesn't do it properly) I was just able to do a few. As explained in previous responses, the behaviour is all over the place. After one of the call commands, i turneed the headphones off and back on. it told me "Call ended" twice.

The assistant has all the permissions. I have gone through every settings screen i could possibly find for the Google app and google assistant settings.I'm experiencing so many different problems that I don't know what the root cause is.

Hello Heyitsme93,

Have you tried power cycling your phone?(Turning off and then back on again after a minute) or clearing the pairing list on the headphones? You can find out how to do this HERE.

Lastly, you could try resetting your headphones, you can find out how to do this HERE.

I hope this helps, should you need anything else then please get in touch.

Kindest regards,

Zoe 

heyitsme93
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Sep 12, 2018

Hi, I have already done both of those long ago, haha.

I've just tried setting the headphones up with a different phone (Samsung A5) and the assistant worked just as expected (and as I remembered). Which is good news, but I am not sure how to proceed now. I feel like trying to contact the manufacturer will get me no where.

Is there anything you guys can recommend based off of other experiences people have had on here?

Hi Heyitsme93, we are sorry to hear that you are having this issue! It isn't an issue that I have come across before. Thanks for testing the headphones on another device, I would highly recommend getting in contact with Huawei's customer support to see if they have any other methods around this issue. I know that here in the UK they have a telephone number so you can contact them that way. 

I see that above you have attempted to close the app and restarted but have you tried to delete the app fully and reinstall it? This may renew the connection between your mobile and the Google Assistant. 

Kind Regards

Hector_B

heyitsme93
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Sep 12, 2018

Hi there. Sorry for the delay

Sorry, which app are you referring to exactly?
And yeah.. I think I might do a factory reset on my phone. and if I'm still having problems, i'll contact Huawei

I have another question about my headphones.. should I start a new post? Or would it be okay to ask here.

Highlighted

Hi there,

If you have a different issue not related to this, I would suggest starting a new topic. This will bring it to the top so if anyone has any solutions for you they can see the new thread.

Keep us updated on this topic however.

Kind Regards,

Brandon_C - Community Support

heyitsme93
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Sep 12, 2018

Okay. Thanks sounds good. Please don't close this thread then!