Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
riley_S
Participant
Registered since

Nov 19, 2019

QC 35 ii left side not working for social media platforms/music

I had no problem in the past year and a half with the headphones. But a few days ago, the left side stopped playing sounds from Spotify, YouTube, Twitter, etc. But when in a Discord/TeamSpeak call both sides of the GC 35 ii work perfectly. Both sides also work when the assistant button is pressed, turning on/off, and giving low battery alerts.

I've tried disconnecting the headset from my laptop (Macbook Pro 2018) and then reconnecting them. I've tried the same thing with my iPod (newest generation of date).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hector_B

Re: QC 35 ii left side not working for social media platforms/music

Author Accepted Answer selected by riley_S

Hey riley_S, 

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Bose Community today! I am sorry to see that your headphones are only working in one ear with social media platforms and would love to assist you further. 

Please can you test this with a wired connection to see if both give you the same result of audio-only in one ear? Another great step would be to force close the application on both devices and perform a reset on them, you can do this on the headphones by following the steps below: 

• Power off your product, then wait 30 seconds
  • Connect your product to a wall outlet using a USB charger, then wait five seconds
  • Disconnect the USB cable from the headset, then wait one minute
  • Power on your product.

Ensuring the headphones are up to date is also another great step, this can be performed by connecting the headphones to a PC and visiting our Bose Online Updater, then please follow the onscreen instructions. 

Please also check your audio settings on both the iPod and the PC to ensure that the volume balance slider has not been adjusted to one side as this will cause audio to only come from one headphone.

I look forward to hearing back from you with the result of these steps and if any other community members are having a similar issue please do let us know. 

Kind Regards,

Hector B - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Hector_B

Author Accepted Answer selected by riley_S

Hey riley_S, 

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Bose Community today! I am sorry to see that your headphones are only working in one ear with social media platforms and would love to assist you further. 

Please can you test this with a wired connection to see if both give you the same result of audio-only in one ear? Another great step would be to force close the application on both devices and perform a reset on them, you can do this on the headphones by following the steps below: 

• Power off your product, then wait 30 seconds
  • Connect your product to a wall outlet using a USB charger, then wait five seconds
  • Disconnect the USB cable from the headset, then wait one minute
  • Power on your product.

Ensuring the headphones are up to date is also another great step, this can be performed by connecting the headphones to a PC and visiting our Bose Online Updater, then please follow the onscreen instructions. 

Please also check your audio settings on both the iPod and the PC to ensure that the volume balance slider has not been adjusted to one side as this will cause audio to only come from one headphone.

I look forward to hearing back from you with the result of these steps and if any other community members are having a similar issue please do let us know. 

Kind Regards,

Hector B - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

riley_S
Participant
Registered since

Nov 19, 2019

I checked the slider in the sound setting, and sure enough, it was on the right side. Not sure how it was moved though. 

If a sound issue happens again, I'll be sure to check the slider and then try the other steps.

Thank you so much!