Really, really frustrated. I previously had a lot of problems with the Soundtouch soundbar and my TV and it seems to have gotten better with firmware updates, and now my QC 35 ii headphones are acting up.
They suddenly stopped steaming sound from my SONY XBR TV. The headphone connects fine, but no sound. I can get sounds when I connect, for example, my iPhone. It's just the TV. I read in some forums to reset the headphone, discharge completely and recharge - well, the reset doesn't work. The discharge/recharge/reconnect worked a couple of times, and now even that's not working.
What do I do? I've disconnected, restarted the TV, unpaired/paired... tried everything I can and I'm out of ideas. I've put so much money on these Bose products and beginning to regret it - so many software issues.
Thank you for reaching out.
I'm sorry to hear you are having issues with your QC35 II.
Have you tried to disconnect the headphones from the TV, and tried to establish a brand new connection to see if this helps?
To do this, please power the headphones on, then hold the power switch over to Bluetooth for around 10 seconds or until you hear the voice prompt "Bluetooth device list cleared." Next, on your TV, head to the Bluetooth settings, and remove the headphones from the list of saved devices. Initiate a scan on the TV and the headphones should appear as a new device.
Once paired, check to ensure the headphones are set as the audio output on the TV.
I hope this helps.
If anyone else on the forum has a similar setup to @plexgop, please feel free to add to the discussion.
Jeff G - Community Support
I'm coming back to explain what I did to solve it. It might be a partial problem with Bose QC 35 ii firmware, or maybe not - no way to tell yet. But hopefully if someone else hits this then you have another approach (assuming you have Sony XBR Bravia Android TV).
Note that on Sony XBR Bravia TV's you cannot go to an older version of the firmware. I upgraded to their latest with crapdroid which led to my problems.
1. I finally went to Sony's settings > Storage & Reset > Delete all data.
2. When I setup the TV again, I left Wifi off, and essentially didn't setup any Google account etc. Just "raw TV"
3. Then turned on BT, repaired the headset
4. Voila! Sound's back on my QC when I played on Apple TV
So, it's either an Android 8.0 issue on Sony alone, or a combo of Sony and headset... who knows. My guess is the culprit is Sony/Android in this case.