Bernie1953
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 12, 2017

QC 35 not connecting to iMac

I recently returned my QC 35;s to Bose for testing regards a problem when using skype on both my iMac & macbook pro, the nature of the problem was that there was sever crackling noise when having a skype conversation whcih renderd using them impossible,

In conversation with Bose during the return period I was informed that they had tested them on a mac min computer and iphone & that they encountered no problems, I received the headphones back on 12th May & this morning 13th May after initially connecting via bluetooth the connection to the iMac has now ceased! and they will not connect at all to my iMac! 

Really annoying as I dont expect this of a $500 pair of headphones, Bose did send me an audio lead to use, but I specifically wanted Bluetooth headphones to move around the home and listen wirelessly! 

Can anyone advise please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Re: QC 35 not connecting to iMac

Author Accepted Answer selected by Bernie1953

Bernie1953

Thanks for the post. So very sorry to hear that. Could you confirm a few things?

1. Does the headset work with a mobile device?
  2. The issue with your Mac, is it only with Skype? Or can you use the headset with other applications on your Mac?
  3. Have you tried clearing the headset and re pairing?

To clear the headset

1. Turn the headset on
  2. Slide and hold the power switch to the right to the Bluetooth symbol for 10 seconds or until you hear "Bluetooth device list cleared"

You would also want to clear the pairing list from the computer

Let us know, we're here to help

Tony

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Author Accepted Answer selected by Bernie1953

Bernie1953

Thanks for the post. So very sorry to hear that. Could you confirm a few things?

1. Does the headset work with a mobile device?
  2. The issue with your Mac, is it only with Skype? Or can you use the headset with other applications on your Mac?
  3. Have you tried clearing the headset and re pairing?

To clear the headset

1. Turn the headset on
  2. Slide and hold the power switch to the right to the Bluetooth symbol for 10 seconds or until you hear "Bluetooth device list cleared"

You would also want to clear the pairing list from the computer

Let us know, we're here to help

Tony

View solution in original post

Highlighted
clownbaby
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jan 18, 2017

Have you updated the OS and the Skype client?