Highlighted
RuiRod1973
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 19, 2017

QC 35 stopped emitting sound

My QC 35 stopped emitting sound while I was listening to YouTube on my iPad using the Bluetooth connection. I switched the headset off and on but even the voice prompts weren’t working. The noice cancellation, however, was fine. I then connected it to my iPhone via Bluetooth but no sound came out. I used the Bose Connect app to try to troubleshoot the headset but I couldn’t get it to play sound. The App connected to the headset, it showed that the headset was charged to 90% and I had control over functions such as noise reduction but no sound came out. FYI the firmware has been 1.3.4 for several months already. 

I then plugged the headset to the charger and after a couple of minutes I unplugged it. This brought back the voice prompts but the headset was unpaired from all my iPads/iPhone. I had to delete the headset from the list of Bluetooth devices on each iPad/iPhone and pair it back again. It now apparently works fine. Until this incident the headset had been working without major issues since I bought it in April 2017. Has there been other reports of this kind before? I wanted to have this report on file before my warranty runs out. Thx. RR

1 REPLY 1

Re: QC 35 stopped emitting sound

Hi RR,

Thanks for all of the troubleshooting that you did, that was good thinking.  Personally, I haven't heard anything exactly like what you've described.  It does sound like there was an issue with the Bluetooth connections so it makes sense that reestablishing that connection helped the issue. For good measure, let's clear the pairing list and perform a reset.  The reset steps are below:

1. Turn the headset off and wait for 30 seconds.
  2. Plug the headset into a USB power supply via USB cord and wait 5 seconds. (Power supply needs to be plugged into the wall with power on).
  3. Unplug USB cord from headset and wait 1 minute.
  4. Turn on the headset and test if the headset works properly.

After you perform the reset let's clear the paired list.  To clear the list you'll want to slide the power switch all the way to the right towards the Bluetooth symbol and hold it there until you hear a voice prompt, this should take about 10 seconds.  Once you hear the prompt make sure to delete the headphones from all of your paired device's lists.  Then you can reestablish the connection.

Let me know if you experience this issue again?

Have a wonderful day,

Shiloh_C