Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 27, 2017

Re: QC 35 white noise

I get this too in a quiet room - it's not very loud but noticeable on podcasts and a bit annoying. Is this just the ANC which cannot be switched off?
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 2, 2017

I wish I knew about this issue w/ the QC35 before I bought mine!

Just received mine today and brand new out of the box, charged the battery & then upgraded from the factory supplied 1.0.6 firmware to the now current (as of Feb 2, 2017) 1.2.9 firmware. Well I too have same issue of white noise in only the right ear any time they are powered on. Exists when music plays (via Bluetooth or wired) but not so noticeable unless the music being played is set very low or hits a musical passage which experiences a lull. Bose support acknowledged there is a known problem about this exact problem and indicated that engineering is trying to resolve via a new firmware (deemed 3.1.0) which is not yet available. So all support could do was have me try downgrading back to the originally supplied 1.0.6 firmware - which didn't resolve or improve upon the white noise issue. Support then indicated they would replace them. So I had to scramble to get this defective pair to the UPS depot to get them out today if I wanted to receive a replacement pair (sooner rather than later). I hope the replacement pair won't have the same "known problem" that this brand new pair had right out of the box, but after reading the other posts I remain optimistically skeptical.

While I understand these are a relatively new product in their line-up, I don't understand how with this issue the pair I received could have passed tests to get through their quality control (unless they only random sample a very small percentage of the QC35's they build). In any case, I'm a bit disappointed as this certainly is not the Bose quality I have previously experienced with my other Bose audio products (& I own several of them), but if this issue continues with the next pair of QC35's I'm afraid to say that may very well change...

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

To all who are experiencing this white noise....

QC35 Reset
Have you tried resetting the headset? To reset the headset:

1. Turn the headset off and wait for at least 30 seconds.

2. Plug the headset into a USB power supply via USB cord and wait at least 5 seconds. (Power supply needs to be plugged into the wall with power on).

3. Unplug USB cord from the headset and wait at least 1 minute. Turn on the headset and test if the headset works properly.

ST

Highlighted
Advisor
Registered since

Dec 24, 2016

@dsrokdsa wrote:

I wish I knew about this issue w/ the QC35 before I bought mine!

Just received mine today and brand new out of the box, charged the battery & then upgraded from the factory supplied 1.0.6 firmware to the now current (as of Feb 2, 2017) 1.2.9 firmware. Well I too have same issue of white noise in only the right ear any time they are powered on. Exists when music plays (via Bluetooth or wired) but not so noticeable unless the music being played is set very low or hits a musical passage which experiences a lull. Bose support acknowledged there is a known problem about this exact problem and indicated that engineering is trying to resolve via a new firmware (deemed 3.1.0) which is not yet available. So all support could do was have me try downgrading back to the originally supplied 1.0.6 firmware - which didn't resolve or improve upon the white noise issue. Support then indicated they would replace them. So I had to scramble to get this defective pair to the UPS depot to get them out today if I wanted to receive a replacement pair (sooner rather than later). I hope the replacement pair won't have the same "known problem" that this brand new pair had right out of the box, but after reading the other posts I remain optimistically skeptical.

While I understand these are a relatively new product in their line-up, I don't understand how with this issue the pair I received could have passed tests to get through their quality control (unless they only random sample a very small percentage of the QC35's they build). In any case, I'm a bit disappointed as this certainly is not the Bose quality I have previously experienced with my other Bose audio products (& I own several of them), but if this issue continues with the next pair of QC35's I'm afraid to say that may very well change...

Return it and get your money back!

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 23, 2017

Only recently my QC35 started having this annoying "white noise" from the right headphone and I found out something peculiar to say the least:

With the headset on and experiencing the white noise problem, if I play with the on/off switch just jigling it up down (without turning the headset off or starting the bluetooth pairing action, just jigling the switch) I can make the problem worst if i pull the switch downwards or make the problem disappear if pushing the switch up/inwards!

I always treated the headset with care so I can exclude that it broke at some point, I think it is a production problem.

Cloud you try with yours to see if you experience the same thing? Also how should I start the process of replacing my pair still covered by warranty? Thanks!!

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hi Nikso,

If you still feel you have concerns about your headset, the best step to take would be to reach out to your local Bose Support for the available options. Contact info here if you need it. 

Mohsin

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 21, 2017

@Nikso

If your QC35 is still under warrantly and you bought it from a Bose store, just go to that same store and ask the representatives there to replace them.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 13, 2017

I Upgraded firmware. Did not fix issue. Support said replace they would replace headphones. Cost me $9 and change for shipping to Bose. I already spent $349 + tax for the headphones initially. Required an argument with support rep to get new headphones shipped out before returning existing headphones. Really disappointed in you Bose...having me pay the shipping is beyond reproach and I didn't really have any option after being as deep financially into it.
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 19, 2017

Thanks for letting us know. I bought mine today and have the same white noise whenever the QC35 are powered on. I wish I had read this before had spended all my money. Hope I can return them and get my money back. Very disappointed with Bose! I love the QC15 I use at work. But I would like a wireless solution at Home.
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 21, 2017

Hey, @kbudin!

When did you buy your pair? You can still return them and get a full refund if they are within a month of purchase.