kbudin
Participant
Registered since

May 19, 2017

Re: QC 35 white noise

Yeah.. I got my money back yesterday. I also tested a pair of QC25. Here I could also hear white noise when I switched on Noise Cancelling... but the level was lower than on the QC35... not so annoying... I wish the QC25 were wireless 😒
Nikso
Participant
Registered since

Mar 23, 2017

Yep I did replace mine. All seams good now
powerslave
Enthusiast
Registered since

Apr 13, 2017

Hello

I've just bought a pair of QC-35's and have noticed the white noise in the background when turned on.

It's noticeable when there is no sound coming out of the headphones or when say a podcast is on.

I have'nt used the Bose Connect app on them so they are probably version 1.0.6.

Has anyone updated these with the new firmware which allows you to switch of ANC,if so does the white noise/hiss still persist?

I did'nt really want to go for the new FW because of the ANC problems people have been reporting on here.

I also did the reset which was mentioned onhere,with no luck.

Thanks

Ian

Joris Jourquin
Participant
Registered since

Dec 26, 2016

Hi Ian,

My headphones are now running on the latest firmware. Switching off the ANC indeed causes the white noise to disapear, so when you are not in a noisy environment, this is a lot more pleasent to listen to and the cord is no longer required to do this. The only remaining issue is that there is no way to twitch the ANC off manually, you can only do it via the app. Furthermore, it does not remember your latest settings, so when you turn the headphones off and on again, the ACN switches back on automatically.
powerslave
Enthusiast
Registered since

Apr 13, 2017

Hi Joris
Thanks for that,I'm in two minds to get the latest firmware or not.
Is the noise cancelling just has good as it was before you got the latest firmware.
I like the idea of turning off the noise cancelling when I am sat at home.
And when I am somewhere noisy I can turn it on again.
I'm sure Bose will give us a way to remember the option of switching the anc off and on without always using the app.
I love the headphones and do want to keep them,the slight hiss what's in the background is not to distracting,but I would rather it not be there.

Ian
arturfil
Participant
Registered since

Oct 20, 2017

Hey I know it's very late but I just had the same problem with my mac and it was the fact that in system preferences the 'input' sound source was also configured with my Bose rather than my Mac as it normally should. Once I changed it, the hiss went away.

Hope it help someone down the road.

ST - Hearphones
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Dec 23, 2016

Hi @arturfil,

Thank you for joining our Bose Community and for sharing your experience.

Like you, I hope your post will be helpful to others.

We appreciate it when people like you join in to help others.

Sincerely,

ST

powerslave
Enthusiast
Registered since

Apr 13, 2017

Not sure I understand this.

I still get the hiss whether I am listening via the iMac,iPhone or iPad,or any source.

The hiss goes away when ANC is switched off,and returns when switched back on.

Ive gone into system prefs on my iMac,then sound.

When connected to the 35s it mentions them in the output but the hiss is still there.

So I’m not sure what you mean.

You say the input sound was connected with your bose,then you say like it should be.

You then changed it,what did you change it to?

The only thing to change it to is internal microphone,and the hiss is still there and the sound quality is terrible.

teddyd
Participant
Registered since

Nov 30, 2017

I'm having the same problem with the left side. Did you change it already? Does the exchange require the recipe or something? Thank you.

Sae
Participant
Registered since

Feb 22, 2020

Bose QC 35 II ANC White Noise

Hello Bose community,

I have the bose qc 35 ii's for a while, and when I turn on the ANC, I hear a little noise. There has been solutions for this but it seems that the methodes are not working. I would appreciate some help. 🙂

It's only happening with high and low noise cancelling. Thank you for your time!