34king18
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 19, 2017

QC-35 wired connector is bad.

Hi there. I have a pair of QC 35 headphones and the wired connection using the provided audio cable does not work very well. The headphones were amazingly through Bluetooth but when I plug in the audio cable into the headphones and into a phone, computer or ps4 controller, the sound is very bad. It is only coming out one side of the headphones and is very quiet. The sound is very distorted and has no bass or anything. I have tried multiple devices and it comes out the same everytime. The head phones themselves work amazingly through Bluetooth but not through wired. Any suggestions. Thank you
5 REPLIES 5
Community Manager

Re: QC-35 wired connector is bad.

Hi 34king18,

Since you are having this difficulty with several devices, there is probably something wrong with either the cable or the QC35.

It's time to call Bose Support. You can follow this link to Bose product support for your area

Click your country, then scroll down until you see local contact information. I would call.

ST

Jorgeluque
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 18, 2017

Hi 34King18,

I am experiencing same issue as you, great quality by using bluethooth connectivy but really bad using the cable. I have also tryed different devices and same result. The audio does not come out in stereo and the quality is much much worse than with bluethooth, contact between jack and headphone is not good, there is some "breaking" noise when connecting them...

Did you contact support? if so, what was the result and solution? I would like to know their feedback before contacting them.

Thanks!
Jorge

Highlighted
Ju-Sy
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 13, 2017

Re: QC-35 wired connector is bad but the sound is ever worse.

Guys this is real, the audio over cable is VERY bad.

I also had issues with cracking sound when manipulating the smallest jack in the left headphone, and sometimes losing one side sound, but I fixed that myself. The jack goes too deep into the left head-pod and then trouble starts. I fixed a small rubber washer so it cant go that deep anymore, that problem is solved. BTW if it goes in too deep then it also goes into BT mode again, very anoying, but my rubber washer prevents the small jack going in too deep now. That is solved (darn you BOSE).

But the sound quality it UTTERLY bad over the cable, almost no bass, and the sound also sounds scrambled digital wise, so its NOT about contacts anymore, but the way the sound is processed when it enters the headphones per the cable, or the cable unable to transfer the sound quality, I dunno. Cable and/or circuit inside the phone is messing up the wave form badly before it reaches the speakers. There is a volume difference switching the headphone ON or OFF. But both ways the cable system is completely WORTHLESS, I still have a non BT mp3 player I'd like to use!!!!!

Bose what is the deal here please?

PS: sound over BT is wonderful 🙂

Community Manager

Re: QC-35 wired connector is bad but the sound is ever worse.

Hi @Ju-Sy

Thank you for joining the Bose Community. I'm sorry you're having problems with the wired connection. What you're describing should not be happening. You should not have to use a rubber washer to get the connection to work. Please call Bose Support.

You can follow this link to Bose product support for your area
Click your country, then scroll down until you see local contact information.

Please let us know how that goes.

Thank you,

ST

Community Manager

Hi @Jorgeluque,

Thanks for joining the conversation. I'm sorry you are having a problem with the wired connection. Please call Bose Support. It's important that you do while your QC35 is within the warranty period. 

You can follow this link to Bose product support for your area
Click your country, then scroll down until you see local contact information.

Please let us know how things turn out.

Thank you,

ST