Frenchie2323
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 1, 2018

QC 35 won’t turn off

So after 2 years of owning my headset (very very low usage, I only use them once a week for an hour to clean the house) my qc 35 just turns itself back on after a few seconds of being turned off.
Obviously they are not under warranty anymore and I’ve been looking for solutions online and on these chats to see what to do. Tried EVERYTHING, and it is still happening... I’m flying back home in 4 days to France from Australia which is why I bought them 2 years ago as the main reason is to be calm on the plane.

Today I call Bose centre telling them that this is a recurring problem and i hope they can so something to fix it as the headset is like new (once again used rarely at home and once on a plane back to France).

The lady was nice and I am not angry at her but her protocol was to tell me to bring them back to a store and for 375$ get the new qc35 second version instead.

I have had Bose sound systems all my life and I found this option to be inappropriate. Why would I re-buy something almost full price because their initial product is faulty ?

I have read on many posts that this is a widespread problem and that many have got their headsets replaced even after the one year warranty expired, so I asked, why not me ?

She again said, there is nothing I can do.
I have tried EVERY SINGLE method mentioned on these support groups and when I told her that many are getting theirs replaced and that I can send her links from the Bose community chats provigg so, she did not take it into consideration.

I am left very very disappointed in you Bose, my very favourite brand, and also my most expensive luxury I can afford, I hope that I can find a way to love you again, but this is just absurd.

Good luck to all with my problem, I hope that we can find a solution to fix this.
PS: it is not a faulty on’off button as it will turn off but after 30 seconds will turn itself on again
31 REPLIES 31
Community Manager

Re: QC 35 won’t turn off

Hi Frenchie2323

Thanks for posting in the community!  Sorry to hear about the issues, but would be glad to help!

I have a few questions to help narrow down the issue:

• When was the last time this was working correctly?
  • When it stopped working correctly, was there an update to either your mobile device or the headset?
  • Can we try updating the headset through the Bose Connect app or a computer?  Link to the updater for PC updates can be found HERE.

Let us know so we can help resolve the issue!

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support 

Highlighted
Tekipr
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 6, 2018

I have the same issue nothing works

Hi Tekipr,

We appreciate you reaching out to the community. I am so sorry to hear about that. I would contact your local Bose Support for assistance. Here is a link you can use. Click on your country, scroll down to "Contact Us".

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support

Tim W
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 3, 2018

They say it’s an update they did and they have their engineers trying to figure it out. I imagine if they can’t fix it after a month or so it’s not going to be fixed. I have got the run around from their customer service and tried everything they asked me to do. So my $400 pair of QC35 is pile of garbage now. When I buy high end products I expect them to last for quite awhile and good support. Bose has ruined my headphones and offer no compensation.
Excalfirst
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 4, 2018

I have the same issue of the headphones not turning off.

I have tried all of the suggested steps, but cannot proceed since the headphones cannot be reset by turning them off and waiting 30 seconds, since they automatically turn back on before the 30 seconds expires.

1. Turn the headset off and wait for 30 seconds.
2. Plug the headset into a USB power supply via USB cord and wait 5 seconds.
3. Unplug USB cord from headset and wait 1 minute.
4. Turn on the headset and test if the headset works properly.

This is very frustrating since it does not appear to be a hardware issue since the switch does toggle the power on and off.

From reading through the forums I did see that it was recommended to try a different charger, do you have a recommended charger that should be used?

bgav
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 5, 2018

I also have this issue from time to time, but after reboot the phones start behaving normally.

In order to stop autoconnect, first disconnect the phones from the sound device. In my case I use connection switch of Bose Connect app on my iPhone, but it may require switching off BT on your sound device. Then proceed to reboot sequence.

jonjam
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 9, 2018

I have the exact same issue.  None of the fixes mentioned in this thread did anything for me.  If you read just the first few pages of this forum, there are multiple posts about this.  There are even posts about the power button failing with the QC35 II. Seems like a serious design flaw for a $350 product.

Excalfirst
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 4, 2018

The Community Forum Administrater did private message me with some questions about my headphones, Serial Number, Firmware Version, Etc. and set up a warranty exchange.  I had also put in a support ticket via the links on their main website a while back.  The problem ended up going away for a couple of months, and resurfaced again recently.  They may have done the warranty exchange because I replied to my previous support ticket from a while back, and stated the issue was back again.  This does seem to be a flaw in the Hardware/Software.  I am leaning towards the Firmware/Software being the issue since I didn't have any problems for a couple of months and it happened to occur again until I let the headphones charge get lower than usual (less than 50%) before recharging them.  If I recall correctly, I think this is when I had the same issue in the past, when I let the charge get below 50% (~40%).  I really don't recall what temporarily fixed the issue last time, but it was following their steps I posted before, multiple times, until the correct combination worked, which is not a viable solution. 

Another work around would be to have it automatically power off after, say 10 minutes, in the phone app settings.  Obviously not a permanent solution, but until it is resolved would help the battery from draining, so you could continue using them until they are replaced.

agalmeida
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 30, 2018

I've got the same problem since last week.  I've up dated the software and clean all memorized devices on the headphone without success.

I think it is not related to the power switch, because the message when it is turned off is released.

What a shame for Bose to have this issue and this kind of anwser from assistence service....

I hope it can be solved fast.