hellocc
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 15, 2018

Re: QC 35 won’t turn off

My QC 35 has the same problem. It turn itself on automatically when the power switch is off. When I try to turn it off, it will turn itself back on instantly. Disappointed. Hope it can get fixed.

ldoner
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 3, 2018

I can echo everything Frenchie2323 has stated regarding their pair of QC35's and mine are doing just the same. 

I updated to the latest firmware, a couple weeks ago - 2.5.3

When I toggle my power button to the off positions on my headset, the 4 note descending chime occurs and the green light on my QC35's turns off. 

Roughly 2 seconds later, the green light comes back on without touching the power button or any other buttons and the battery % is announced.

There is no way to turn off the headset in the Connect App, I've connected my headset to the Bose Updater to se if there's been a new firmware fix, and there has not. 

The only way I can have my headset ready to use at a moments notice without disconnecting the reconnecting the bluetooth each time is to plug the headset in which keeps them charged, and disconnects them from my phone/tablet. 

My experience with customer service is equal to Frenchie's, and one additional mention would be that my service representative claimed that Bose would no longer offer updates to these headphones since they're discontinued.  I'm unsure if this is in fact true, but if this issue with my headset is created because of the latest firmware I updated to, I'm left with a pair of headphones that aren't working correctly, but they were prior to the update.  

Considering this is an issue with multiple users, all at the same time, I'm hoping there can either be a fix in a new update very soon, or a way I can restore my headphones with a previous firmware version. 

Montago
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jun 14, 2017

I have this problem too, now .... 😞 

same story - 2years and 20days old (out of warrenty here) - QC35 version 1. 

It started happening after upgrading to 2.5.3 

I NEVER had the problem before. 

It seems that the QC35 will turn on and connect to my computer and/or my phone .. as long as the connection is on, the QC35 will stay ON. 

This has resultet in battery drain, where the QC35 has drained alle battery over night. 

I really hope this gets fixed in an update

jmooney
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 2, 2018

Same issue. May of last year I already did a warranty exchange- same exact issue where it turns on by itself constantly. It happened to my replacement pair as of last week, but without doing any software/firmware upgrades! I tried upgrading firmware after it started happening, and the problem persisted.

After speaking to many many reps, all they could offer is a discount on the QC35 IIs. One supervisor had the audacity to claim that it was SUPPOSED to turn back on automatically and referred to it as a "feature". He also claimed "that's how bluetooth works". Someone clearly needs some re-training.

Clearly Bose does not stand behind their products anymore. After many different Bose purchases over the years, I think we might be done owning Bose products.

littlebier8
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 11, 2018

Like everyone, exact same problem. Yeah I’ve barely had these for a year. Is this designed obsolescence?

I just want to note that I did use the desktop firmware updater, connecting via USB, and it didn’t fix the problem at all.
aswokei
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 14, 2018

I have this same problem as well.  I hope it gets fixed soon.  

Wouldn't be such a bummer if the headphones weren't so expensive.  

ES9803
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 23, 2018

I have the exact same problem.  I purchased my QC35s about a year ago.  The terrible response from Bose was that they would send me the new version for $209.  Why on earth would I pay any money to purchase a new set of Bose when other brands are available?  Very disappointing.

Highlighted
littlebier8
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 11, 2018

I just wanted to give an update to everyone — I spent a LOT of time arguing with Bose customer service and refused to take no for an answer. They finally agreed to replace my defective set with a new QC35 II pair (for free) after I mailed mine back to them. Two weeks later, I just got the new pair, and they seem to be working fine, *so far*. I’d be wary about buying another pair of Bose headphones again after this hassle, though.

Here’s what I did. The Bose rep tried to give me similar excuses to everyone else. He said 1) they’ve never heard of any problem like this, 2) that my set was out of warranty, 3) that he personally owns a QC35 1.0 and updated the firmware recently with no problem, and 4) they could only give me a $10 discount on a new pair.

I said: 1) we both know that’s not true, this complaint is all over the forums on the Bose website, 2) that this wasn’t a warranty issue—they pushed a firmware update that broke my property, 3) that’s obviously a lie, but even if it wasn’t, it doesn’t matter if the update didn’t break every set if it still broke a lot of them, and 4) it’s crazy to think I’d pay them more money after they broke my last pair and refused to fix it.

I didn’t totally lose my cool, but I didn’t accept their BS. I know it’s their job to avoid paying for replacements, but I also know they are not allowed to hang up the chat on you. Eventually, he went to “talk to his supervisor” or something, and they “made an exception” for me. Remember: there is no such thing as “not being able to do anything” to fix it when it’s their fault. Just be firm and persistent. Good luck!
quahlinus92
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 20, 2018

I am with you Idoner and Frenchie2323. This exact same issue happened to me as well. After turning my BOSE QC 35 off, it automatically turns on again draining my entire battery by the next day. 

I called Bose and received the worst customer service ever. They tried to upsell me and make it sound like they are offering me a new QC 35 (II) by asking me to pay 250 USD to get a new set. We also went through the software update and product reset but nothing is working.  My question is if it is an issue that is with BOSE why should I even pay anything to get a replacement. I am not asking for the latest series I am just asking for a replacement for the exact same Bose headset(Series I)that I have currently if it is an issue with BOSE. 

I am very disappointed with the customer service as well as the quality of BOSE products and will never buy another product from them again. Don't pride yourself as a quality product if you cannot delivery. 

joelirwin
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

I am sad that Bose can't get their act together.  The senior people are pointing to a faulty BLE (Bluetooth Low Emission) implementation and claiming its not a hardware issue but rather firmware needing modification.  The front line support people don't know this and are trying to make us pay for an replacement.  We will not know for certain whether its firmware or hardware until Bose updates the firmware.  I tried lots of workarounds and nothing worked.  So I left the QC35 charging whenever it was not in use (it is not on when its charging).  Then once I noticed it was connected to charge on my laptop but the laptop had shut off.  So I have left the charging cord connected on the QC35 end when not being used and so far it has not turned on for two weeks.  No guarantee for you but one of these two should work while we wait.