QC 35II and issues with Avantree Oasis
03-17-2019 11:44 AM
Message 1 of 4
a year ago I ordered two Bose QC 35II and an Avantree Oasis via Amazon to support multipoint bluetooth connection mode with. The Avantree worked well and after firmware updates from Bose we enjoyed hearing music with our two pairs of headphones. Between January and March 2019 something must have happened and the well proven setup did not work anymore.
Avantree Oasis (Model No: BTTC-500, Lot No. 17H2) is switched on first, the two pairs of headsets connect, but no music is transferred.
I tried the following:
1. reset the bluetooth pairing history on the Avantree Oasis
2. reset the bluetooth pairing list on the two Bose QC 35II
3. pair one Bose QC 35II
4. connection established with SBC (!), no music transmission from Avantree Oasis to headphone
5. installed actively firmware 4.3.6 on the two Bose QC 35, added Bose Connect 8 app on iPad
6. repeated the steps 1 - 4 and again no music transmission
Transmission chain today:
a) Apple MacBook Pro connected to
b) Cambridge Audio 851d via USB 2.0
c) Cambridge Audio 851d connected to
d) Avantree Osis via optical Toslink
e) Avantree Osis connected in single point mode to one Bose QC 35II
Even if Iconnect only one QC 35II to the Avantree the connection is established with SBC, but no music is to be heard on the headphone. The Cambridge Audio works as pre-amplifier and is connected to a pair of Bang & Olufsen active speakers, this works well. I replaced the optical cable, but to no avail. Red light to be seen at the tip of the optical cable.