woodanrew90
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 11, 2017

QC20 Android-iPhone compatibility

I have a pair of the QC20, purchased for an Android phone.

Have now replaced the phone with iPhone 7.  

Plugged the QC20 in via the lightning dongle thingy and ..... continuous popping noise Cat Sad (sounds like it is a heartbeat - kinda double-bip thing, once per second).

UPDATE:

The beep noise is only a problem on the iPhone 7 (i.e. using the dongle jack-to-lightning adapter).

The beep will disappear after pressing on the volume down button (in-line remote on the QC20) for 1-2 seconds.

The beep noise is not a problem on my iPad Air (std jack).

Therefore, I think that any IOS device with std jack should not have the beep problem.

HOWEVER :  on both devices the in-line remote does not function at all (except to remove the noise).  So no volume up/down, pause/stop etc.

But at least the sound quality and noise-cancelling are unaffected.

I read elsewhere on the subject : For QC headphones with removable cables, switching for the Apple version of the cable will fix the beep problem for those.

Hope this helps someone in future.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
woodanrew90
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 11, 2017

Re: QC20 Android-iPhone compatibility

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Greg_B

I updated my initial post.

So hopefully this will assist you, according to what Apple device you are using.

You can then decide if the loss of in-line remote function is a deal-breaker for you.

I can't comment on whether you would be better served to buy the Apple or Android version of the QC20.

And what the functional impact will be if you buy the Apple version and plug it into an Android device (probably just the same loss of in-line remote function?).

Still very happy with the QC20, with regard to fit, comfort, sound, noise cancelling etc. Really great. The lack of in-line remote doesn't bother me.

10 REPLIES 10

woodanrew90

Thank you for the post, we are glad you were able to get it to work. We would recommend that you use the iPhone version for an iPhone, but its good to know that it will work if needed.

Thanks

Tony

Shuhan Shen
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 27, 2017

Thank you. That is really helpful

Lohi
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 30, 2017

I use both android and iphone. Is there an easy fix to use qc20 headphones simultaneously on Android and Apple phones? I dont need more gear accoutrements. These headphone seem what I've been searching for in features except if the headphone can't just drop into either or phone without more gear ....that's a deal breaker.
woodanrew90
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 11, 2017

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Greg_B

I updated my initial post.

So hopefully this will assist you, according to what Apple device you are using.

You can then decide if the loss of in-line remote function is a deal-breaker for you.

I can't comment on whether you would be better served to buy the Apple or Android version of the QC20.

And what the functional impact will be if you buy the Apple version and plug it into an Android device (probably just the same loss of in-line remote function?).

Still very happy with the QC20, with regard to fit, comfort, sound, noise cancelling etc. Really great. The lack of in-line remote doesn't bother me.

Tom Platts
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 23, 2018

Cheers, really helpful

Thankyou Heart

VB139
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 25, 2018

Hi,

Do you have any idea if the control button and heartbeat sound issues are not there while using QC20i with iPhone 7 plus?

I purchased a QC20 but unfortunately I have an iPhone 7 plus and immediately faced the problems of heartbeat sound and the non functioning of the control. I am still within the return period so was thinking of switching over to QC20i.

Any guidance will help.

Thanks,

Hi there!

Thank you all for posting!  I just wanted to drop in and say that if you're experiencing this popping/heartbeat sound I would recommend reaching out to customer support as this is not normal behavior.  You can use this link, just select your country and scroll down to where you see "contact us".  Support will be able to help you from there.

Take care,

Shiloh 

Gabriela
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 20, 2018

Thank you! realy helpfull 

Zufahren
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 11, 2018

Thanks for this information, I can now use the QC20’s again. I was frustrated after moving from android to the iPhone and experiencing the clicking noise. Pressing the inline volume down eliminates the issue. These headphone are great but at the top price point so wasn’t happy about buying another pair!