Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MissJenn
Participant
Registered since

Oct 8, 2018

QC20 + iPhone X from 2017 - compatible?

Hello. I am thinking of upgrading to an Apple X (2017 model). Is the QuietComfort® 20 Acoustic Noise Cancelling® headphones compatible with that? Will the QC20 physically connect to this phone?

The FAQ on this page does not specific individual Apple phone models.

https://www.bose.com/en_us/products/headphones/earphones/quietcomfort-20i-acoustic-noise-cancelling-...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
marc11
Participant
Registered since

Oct 11, 2018

Re: QC20 + iPhone X from 2017 - compatible?

Author Accepted Answer selected by MissJenn

Hi ! I bought an iPhone XS 2 weeks ago and I am having an issue with my Q20 and the lightning adapter. 

When I plug the Q20 to the lightning, the command button does not work anymore and there is a weird sound (a tic or a heartbeat). 

Is this a known issue ? 

Thanks, 

Marc 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Tony_G
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hi MissJenn,

Thanks for posting. That's a great question. Yes, these headphones should work fine with the iPhone X. You would need to get the lightning adapter from Apple to plug in the 3.5mm connection.

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support

marc11
Participant
Registered since

Oct 11, 2018

Author Accepted Answer selected by MissJenn

Hi ! I bought an iPhone XS 2 weeks ago and I am having an issue with my Q20 and the lightning adapter. 

When I plug the Q20 to the lightning, the command button does not work anymore and there is a weird sound (a tic or a heartbeat). 

Is this a known issue ? 

Thanks, 

Marc 

View solution in original post

Tony_A
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

Hi marc11

Thanks for posting in the Community!  Sorry to hear about the troubles, but would be happy to help!

Have you been able to test the headset with another device like a computer or mobile device without the Apple dongle?

If the headset works fine, I would recommend reaching out to Apple to see if there is an issue with the dongle.

Warm Regards,

Tony A