TnTzDad
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 13, 2017

Re: QC20 or QC30?

I know this is an older thread...but I'm gonna comment anyway.  😉  I've owned the QC 20's for almost two years.  By far, they are the best headphones I've ever owned.  Recently, within the last two weeks, I decided to "go big".  I bought the QC 35II's.  Great sound and wireless.  Not the greatest with someone that wears glasses.  I took them back to Best Buy and got the QC 30's.  Again, the wireless option was very enticing.  Overall, very good for the money.  Due to the fit of the ear pieces, I think anyone would be hard-pressed to find a better set of in-ear ANC headphones.  That being said, IMHO, I feel they are inferior to the wired QC 20's as far as noise cancellation.

Highlighted
Mutnat
Noisy Narrator
Registered since

Feb 3, 2017

@TnTzDad I only owned the QC20's for a short while to test them out but decided to stick with my QC30's for media.  Have you updated to the latest firmware?  The change log mentions a change to the ANC that is supposed to put it on par with the QC20:

• With firmware version 1.3.6 comes a change in the Noise Cancelling performance of QC30.  The Noise Cancellation has been improved in the lower frequencies to make it more consistent with QC20’s performance.
mychangy
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 27, 2018

I’m obsessed by headphones and actually have all three. I like to use 20 for light travelling when I don’t want much to carry, 30 for the office where I work in landscape, often have calls etc. and my 35 is the comfortable go-to for in-flight travelling. 🤓
TnTzDad
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 13, 2017

Thank you for the update information!  I wish there was a way to receive notifications about updates with a registered product...

@Mutnat wrote:

• With firmware version 1.3.6 comes a change in the Noise Cancelling performance of QC30.  The Noise Cancellation has been improved in the lower frequencies to make it more consistent with QC20’s performance.

Mutnat
Noisy Narrator
Registered since

Feb 3, 2017

@TnTzDad wrote:

Thank you for the update information!  I wish there was a way to receive notifications about updates with a registered product...

@TnTzDad well, Bose always post here with new thread that the pin to the top of the Wireless Headphones area of the community.  So, you could aways check here periodicaly.  OR, use the Bose Connect app on your Android or iOS device, and it will prompt you when there is a new firmware version available to download and install.

seth.veale
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 30, 2018

This is the feedback I was looking for thank you.