Anwid
Participant
Registered since

Nov 7, 2017

QC30 + Dell Precision 7510 + Windows 7 64bit = malfuction

Dear Committee,

I cannot connect my headset QC30 with Dell Precision 7510 on Win 7 64b via Bluetooth.

I tried already all the solution I’ve found in internet

1. Reinstalling Bluetooth drivers,
  2. Updating QC30 firmware,
  3. Deleting the currently recognized devices,
  4. Searching and adding new device (QC30 not found),
  5. Spitting over the shoulder,
  6. spitting over the shoulder standing on the left leg.

and I still cannot pair QC30 with a laptop. When I plug the USB cable into QC30 it appears in Device and Printers under Unspecified as  Bose QuietControl 30 but the icon looks like safe or case and I still cannot pair the headset.

The headset QC30 seems to have a real big problem with cooperation with any laptop. I’ve read already a thousand topics dedicated to pairing issue. I’m really disappointed that headset that costs 300€ have connection problems like cost saving solutions. I’m using also Sony MDR1000 without any even smallest issues what shows that it is possible to make a headset that works unproblematic. I have to admit that the problem with QC30 occurs also on my second laptop Dell Vostro and AirMac. The only one device that can be connected is my iPhone… Maybe it’s a QC30 iPhone version that was secretly developed by Apple? Ah no. It that case QC30 would work at least with iMac, what is not the case also!

I’d appreciate any support/advice.

Kind regards

Anwid

2 REPLIES 2
Mohsin_S
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Re: QC30 + Dell Precision 7510 + Windows 7 64bit = malfuction

Hello Anwid, 

Thanks for writing in! I appreciate your level of detail here too, definitely helps knowing what steps you have taken. 

Have you considered using an external Bluetooth dongle? Here is a link to one: https://www.amazon.com/ASUS-USB-Adapter-Bluetooth-USB-BT400/dp/B00DJ83070/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=148...

Personally, I've used this adapter for all my Bose headsets, just my recommendation if you are looking for a good one! 

Mohsin

Anwid
Participant
Registered since

Nov 7, 2017

Re: QC30 + Dell Precision 7510 + Windows 7 64bit = malfuction

Mohsin_S,

thank you for your advice I'll purchase one and check if it works. It would be still uncomfortable because I use the headset from time to time in the office and at home (with two different laptops). Running every time with accessories pack would be a bit awkward. Buying thousands 

Nevertheless, it is REALLY a SHAME that QC30 has massive problems with connection to a laptop. A few weeks ago I was considering buying one of the bose speaker to the children's room. I'm so happy that I did not buy them. Otherwise, right now I'd need to post two times more searching probably for a solution of connection problem between Sound  Touch 10 and router.

If could turn back time, I'd definitely not buy QC30!