Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 4, 2017

QC30 Popping/Skipping During Play with iPhone 7 Plus

I purchased the QuietControl 30 earbuds and have the connected to an iPhone 7 Plus.  When listening to music, the songs "skip" and the only way to describe it is it is like a "popping" noise during the song.  This happens all the time, regardless of the song or environment in which I am working.  I called Bose and they said to connect them to a different phone so I connected them to my wife's iPhone 6 and the problem wasn't there so I contacted Apple, described the situation, and they sent me a new replacement iPhone 7 Plus and the exact thing happened again.  Apple had me send them diagnostics and I did then they said that the problem should be fixed with the last IOS update (which was a couple of weeks ago) but that didn't fix it.  I even went out and bought a new set of QuietControl 30 earbuds and the exact thing happens with them.  I am at a complete loss.  I love the sound quality but cannot stand this continuous "popping" sound.  I still have the case opened with Apple but I am at the crossroads of deciding what to do because I have until the 10th of January to return the earbuds for a full refund.  I was wondering if anyone else out there who has an iPhone 7 is having a similar problem.  

Another issue that I am having with them is that when I am talking on the phone, the right earbud tends to vibrate a lot, so much that I only leave the left earbud in place when on a call. That issue is the same when I have it connected to my wife's iPhone 6.  Any suggestions on that?

Thank you for reading this and if you can offer me any suggestions, I would greatly appreciate them.

19 REPLIES 19
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 27, 2017

Re: QC30 Popping/Skipping During Play with iPhone 7 Plus

I have the SAME issue.  The popping noise makes the Bose earrbuds useless.  Any insights on what can be done about it?

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hey F Schleyhahn,

We appreciate your effort in going through some of the troubleshooting yourself. Have you heard anything back from Apple since you last contacted them? To your second issue, was this on the second pair you received? That is not something the headphones should be doing and we recommend you reach out to your local Bose support to further explore this. Contact info here if you need it again. 

@jeneric1977 

Are you experiencing the issue across multiple devices?

Mohsin

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 7, 2017

I am having the same issue on all of my devices. This is my second set of headphones. I bought a set when they was relaseased and returned it due to the issue. I bought my second set recently, hoping that the issue was fixed, but the problem remains. What are you doing to fix this? Could be fixed in software?

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 4, 2017

I have had an open case with Apple for about 3 months now.  The latest iOS update was "supposed" to have fixed the problem but I am still having it.  Apple requested diagnostic logs from my iPhone 7 Plus multiple times and the last time around, they indicated they had found the culprit and it would be fixed in the next iOS update.  They also suggested I disable Cellular Data on my phone, and when I do that, the popping/skipping goes away completely.  I suggest disabling your wireless and/or your cellular data on your devices temporarily and see if the problem persists.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 7, 2017

So this an IOS-exclusive issue?

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 4, 2017

For me, it is.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 7, 2017

I googled this and found a suggested way to fix the issue. They suggested to reset the network connections in Settings on my iPhone. After I did that, everything is working fine without any audio skipping, even on a far distance from the phone

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 11, 2017

I have the issuse with multiple iPhone 6s+'s, an iMac, and my Acer Chromebook 14.  They all badly stutter/skip.  The Chromebook is worse than the others.  This is on the new replacement set Bose sent me due to the same issue on the first set.  Therefore, I don't think this is iOS related.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 9, 2017

I have QC35 headphones and an iPhone 7.  Same issue.  Drives me crazy.  My Apple AirPods don't have the popping issue, nor do I have the issue with the QC35 playing music from my iPad Pro 9.7".  The issue is specific to the QC35 and iPhone 7 combo.  I've tried resetting everything.  I'm on the latest version of iOS, however all previous versions have done the same thing.  Super frustrating.