Elie Akl
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 19, 2018

QC30 Problem + Replacement

Hi,

I purchased 5 monthes ago the QC 30 recently i discovered that whenever i tilt my head to the right the sound stutters and disconnects untill i sit up straight refering to this post Here so i decided to contact BOSE store located in lebanon where i live and i requested it to be taken to the reseller/company to check it out, they said it will be replaced.

After 2 weeks i got my replacment but weirdly enough it seems its just like my old ones i gave out my QC 30 within the round pack that sits in it and they didnt want to take the whole package, and once the replacment was here they gave me back my old round pack inside a QC 30 that suspiciously looks like my old ones ( They dont look new at all ) it seems like its only been resetted or something like that.

Is it normal for the replacement to come like this ? Or should a brand new whole box come in?

Regards,

Elie.

Edit : I checked serial numbers it is replaced. Manufacture date is April 2018.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mohsin_S
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Re: QC30 Problem + Replacement

Author Accepted Answer selected by Elie Akl

Hello Elie, 

No problem. Sorry, I wish that I can provide more info from here. For best and accurate info, I recommend that you follow back up with your local Bose Support if you have any further concerns. 

Thank you again, 

Mohsin

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Mohsin_S
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hello Elie, 

Thank you for reaching out to us. I see that you came back and made an edit to your post. It sounds like everything seems fine now? 

The physical replacement of the headphones should be brand new, but the packaging may look different. In most cases, it will not be the same as if you bought it brand new from a retailer. 

Hope that helps. Let me know if you have any other questions. 

See you around the community!

Thank you,

Mohsin - Community Support

Elie Akl
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 19, 2018

Hi Mohsin,

My question was do i get a brand new full packaging as in a new sealed box ? or just the standalone headphones, no charging cable nothing at all not even anything i sent it with my old round pack and it came back a new headphone inside my old pack.

Thank you,

Elie.

Mutnat
Mentor
Registered since

Feb 3, 2017

wrote:

Hi Mohsin,

My question was do i get a brand new full packaging as in a new sealed box ? or just the standalone headphones, no charging cable nothing at all not even anything i sent it with my old round pack and it came back a new headphone inside my old pack.

Thank you,

Elie.

my replacement unit was sealed and pretty clearly brand-new.  I wonder if they sent you a refurbished unit?

But to your original issue:  how far are you tilting your head to the right?  I have noticed that whenever I partially cover/block the right side, the signal will break up/stutter/skip/etc.  This can happen by putting my own body between my source device and the right side of the neck collar, or by walking too far away from my source unit  (phone or laptop) with my right side turned away from the source unit.  If I stay in the same spot but rotate so my right side is facing the source unit, the signal recovers.

Based on this, I think that the Bluetooth antenna may be located on the right side of the collar/neck band.  With this in mind, I know how to avoid having it cut out of me most of the time.  This is likely a design flaw, as it can kick in even when quite close (within a few feet) to my source unit.  Turning around or removing whatever is partially covering the right side of the collar resolves it.

My point being:  yes I would expect you would continue to get this behaviour no matter how many time(s) you exchange the units, unfortunately.

*** Please Note: I do not work for Bose; please don't private message me your support questions!
Elie Akl
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 19, 2018

Hi Mutnat,

Yes you are right the antenna is located on the right side of the headphone, luckily when i got my replacement the issue was gone, tilting my head to the right is like when you close your right ear to your shoulder and whenever you just wrap your fingers on the volume button the sound dissapears, now if it is something refurbished i dont know im not sure even if someday some other problem came up if i have to present my headphones without a serial number or purchase number that matches it, that might cause me some troubles i do not understand why would they un-pack the headphones and place it in the old round black pack and send them to me im starting to think yes it might have been something refurbished and resetted and sent back to me.

Can someone advise, i don't think if i call and ask them for the box they will simply say yea come and get it.

Mohsin_S
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hi Elie, 

To clarify, the replacement will not be in any brand new packaging, and it should be just the headphones that are replaced without the accessories. I would follow back up with your local Bose Support if you need further assistance. 

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Thank you,

Mohsin

Elie Akl
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 19, 2018

Hi Mohsin,

Again thank you for your reply, i have been looking at the post of users in the forums everyone was saying they got a brand new packaging sealed.

Am i wrong or what?

BR.

Mohsin_S
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Author Accepted Answer selected by Elie Akl

Hello Elie, 

No problem. Sorry, I wish that I can provide more info from here. For best and accurate info, I recommend that you follow back up with your local Bose Support if you have any further concerns. 

Thank you again, 

Mohsin

View solution in original post