Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Jan 15, 2017

Re: QC30 Stutter

I have reset the device numerous times. I have cleared them and paired them multiple times. I even had a coworker connect them to his phone. He thought about getting them and wanted to try them.  He decided not to after they kept stuttering and dropping out on him. 

The link in the previous post gives a 404 error. So I take it by your advise that if clearing it does not work then I am out of luck since the link is nothing more than a dead link.

So the answer to this is don't buy these as they do not work that well.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 11, 2017

Unfortunately, the same here. I primarily use them as more effective ear plugs to sleep at this point and got out my Logitech H800's for when I need BT audio. I can go anywhere around the house with those (as well as my Logitech speakers) without problem - but can barely turn around without my QC30s chopping up.

Would love to see an actual solution - but reset, reboot, try another phone, etc., is kind of just insulting at this point considering the number of folks who have similar issues.

I'm tempted to pick up a BT sniffer and see what's going on different between these things and my cheap headphones that work.
Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Jan 15, 2017

There is no solution to this problem. Whoever marked this as solved shouldn't be allowed to post on forums. I want this marked as unsolved until the drop out stutter problem is fixed by Bose. I do not need to patronizing answer that OH reboot them and all is well. We are not idiots here. This is an inherent problem with the headphones that clearing and rebooting will not fix.  This is not solved nor will it be

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Jan 15, 2017

NOT SOLVED and whoever marked it as being solved is an idiot

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 11, 2017

I guess they consider getting out my cheap Logitech ones and relegating the QC30 to $300 earplugs (which I have to say work great and are very comfortable ear plugs) as the solution.

I'll find the time maybe this weekend to call support again. This is the replacement pair so I should at least get them that feedback that the replacement wasn't any better.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Gus Gutz,

Thanks for the troubleshooting you have already done. We would recommend at this point contacting your local Bose support by going HERE. They would be able to assist you further.

Thanks

Tony

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 11, 2017

Gus,

Have you happened to try the 1.2.10 update?  I finally found some time to call and lay into them (again), but saw the update from 1.2.8 and it actually seems to work *surprise face*.  

Calls still breakup at about 20 feet which is absoutley rediculous, but when it comes to audio streaming, with some limited testing (15 min), so far I haven't had an issue and it was a nightmare before.

I'm not entirely convinced yet, but a second opinion would be great.

Michael

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 11, 2017

Nevermind.  Guess I had 15 minutes of lucky.  It's back.

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Jan 15, 2017

these things are crap.  Nothing is going to help. I have not used them in weeks. I feel like I got ripped off big time

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Gus,

We have sent you a direct message regarding this.

Tony