Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Feb 16, 2017

Re: QC30 for Communication

Thanks @ahp.

I received my new ones from support.

The issue remains. It migt reduce the noise, but its voice recognition louders people who sit nexts. It should have in the app something similar when we configure the ‘hey siri’ in Iphone.

You record the voice command and siri recognizes only the voice of whom has recorded.

Or the mic should be positioned in the same place of the new soeaker bose has to use in the shoulders (very similar to qc30).

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 3, 2017

Thanks @ST - Hearphones for pushing the resolution of the issue. I am in touch with the right personnel to take this forward.

I have to say, it does change my opinion for the better to see Bose support their customers vehemently, that aspect I have to say I am completely floored by; eagerly awaiting a new release in the NC wireless product line and thanks again.

@ST - Hearphones wrote:

Hi @deepgandotra,

Please watch for a private message.

Thanks,

ST

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 3, 2018

Is there any talk regarding a qc30 replacement?  I am currently using the qc35s at times, they are OK but much prefer earbuds over cans as long as i have active noise cancellation.  

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 23, 2017

@ST - Hearphones Following your guidance, I got in touch with the local support team in Germany. 

I was offered to send in my current QC30s for a new set of QC30s. Before I ship the current headphones, I would like to know, if there has been any change/fix to the existing latest of QC30s.

I would hope that changes have been made, following almost 1 year of analysing the problem but am afraid that actually nothing has changed.

Looking forward to your response. 

Highlighted
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Dec 23, 2016

Hi @mysf,

I have sent you a private message to get more information.

ST

@mysanfran wrote:

@ST - Hearphones Following your guidance, I got in touch with the local support team in Germany. 

I was offered to send in my current QC30s for a new set of QC30s. Before I ship the current headphones, I would like to know, if there has been any change/fix to the existing latest of QC30s.

I would hope that changes have been made, following almost 1 year of analysing the problem but am afraid that actually nothing has changed.

Looking forward to your response. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 17, 2018

I just received my pair in the mail yesterday. Everything is great except for phone calls, which is a huge problem for me. I'm on v1.3.6 and about to return it unless someone tells me there is a fix. 

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Jan 15, 2017

There is never going to be a fix because Bose will never admit to a problem. You are better off getting a cheap twenty dollar pair at Walmart if you want to make calls.
Highlighted
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Dec 23, 2016

Hi @aarsan

Thank you for joining the community and this conversation.

We want you to be happy with your decision and that's why we have a 30 day return policy.  If you aren't satisfied with your QC30, then please return them.

Sincerely,

ST

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 21, 2018

Sadly I'm noticing a change in tone... and @ST - Hearphones maybe you can confirm. It sounded like Bose initially was concerned about the problem and got this thread together to help resolve it... But now it appears that we are just being asked to return our QC30s if we are not satisified with the mic.

Can you please confirm if Bose is actively working towards a solution to fix the QC30? <-- @ST - Hearphones There has been no update on the first page by the way.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 17, 2018

@JasonBa- yep, I took that response as an unwillingness to resolve the issue. Perhaps it's not resolvable or maybe not enough people care about the problem for it to be worth Bose's effort. Either way, the headphones are on their way back to the store for a refund, as suggested.