Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: QC30 for Communication

Hi @ave1024

@ave1024 wrote:

Is there any talk regarding a qc30 replacement?  I am currently using the qc35s at times, they are OK but much prefer earbuds over cans as long as i have active noise cancellation.  

The Bose QC30 is still a current product. For business reasons, we cannot discuss products that may (or may not) be in development. But we're always working on something.

Thanks for asking.

ST

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @ave1024

@ave1024 wrote:

Is there any talk regarding a qc30 replacement?  I am currently using the qc35s at times, they are OK but much prefer earbuds over cans as long as i have active noise cancellation.  

The Bose QC30 is still a current product. For business reasons, we cannot discuss products that may (or may not) be in development. But we're always working on something.

Thanks for asking.

ST

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @JasonBa,

The latest update is at the top of this discussion. We don't have any further news.

There's no change in the fundamentals. We want you to be happy with your decision. 

Please see our Terms of Sale (scroll down to 9. Returns and Exchanges)

If you are not satisified with your QC30 please contact your local Bose Support team.

Support for the QC30 is handled at the local level. The quickest way to know how we can help you, is to contact Bose support in your area. 

Please follow this link to

Bose product support for your area.

• Click on your country, then
  • Scroll down to the link: "contact us".
  • Follow the link and send an email or call.

Sincerely, 

ST

@JasonBa wrote:

Sadly I'm noticing a change in tone... and @ST maybe you can confirm. It sounded like Bose initially was concerned about the problem and got this thread together to help resolve it... But now it appears that we are just being asked to return our QC30s if we are not satisified with the mic.

Can you please confirm if Bose is actively working towards a solution to fix the QC30? <-- @ST There has been no update on the first page by the way.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 21, 2018

Hate to say it folks, Bose all but confirmed they are no longer trying to resolve the mic issue. After more than a year of getting the runaround, it's a relief to know that customers no longer need to keep their hopes up that Bose will resolve a known flaw in their QC30 product.

Best of luck in your search for quality wireless earbuds that allow you to enjoy music and take phone calls.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 24, 2018

@ST

I have ordered the QC30 this weekend, before finding this thread. Throughout this thread, I can see the tone changing in QC30 owners (and consequently Bose’s reaction), especially those who have been buying this ‘new’ product early on. I symphatize with them for being so engaged and keep giving their feedback to this forum/thread, and I applaud Bose’s effort to keep responding to these requests ‘politely’ even though the option now is call the local Bose support (indeed, what else can you say if there is not apparent fix yet?). It is never easy to reply to unhappy customers! Kudos to any service department that keep responding (rather than ignoring or worse, becoming angry themselves!)

But I have a few suggestions that might lighten the blow for ‘new’ users and provide a bit of ‘up-to-date’ info to old users, which might improve the overall experience of a mal-functioning feature.

I believe two issues can be made clearer for everyone

1) Those who want an immediate solution

2) Those that want to know if there was an update/fix/change (I guess these are the most vocal, but also loyal customers because they want to keep this model and get it fixed!)

For 1) A sticky post with the info to those who experience Mic issues with QC30, please contact support (something like you have written), including the link to this thread for example or to the thread of point 2. This is because I see quite a few single posts of users that are asking for help with their mic (not knowing that this is an unsolved issue).

For 2) create a new ‘sticky’ post with the latest updates about QC30. This current post heading is from November 2017, which I would consider ‘old’ in terms of support, I wanted to know Anno 2018 (February) is this solved?  If you have made it sticky, everyone will know this is still the current statement. Unfortunately I had to read through all the pages to get an idea what is going on. Additionally, in this post, you could also post the ‘new’ (major?) firmwares or fixes that your team has created to tackle to issue and perhaps let us feedback whether that solved the issues for (some of) us. Or better, perhaps share a bit more info what the development team is doing in order to keep us (remember: those who like this product and want it fixed!) informed, so we FEEL you are responding to us (I guess a lot of replies here are often that they feel a bit left in the dark regarding this issue). Since it seems not ‘quickly’ sovleable, it would enhance the support/engagement experience.

Somehow you can combine these two sticky post, but didn’t know how without confusing those two groups. Perhaps you can close this thread as well, because it is a bit confusing and sometimes unpleasant what has been written.

Hope you are open for this feedback, and hope I don’t get as ‘annoyed’ with the mic issue as others will be! (I am part of group 2, I really want you to fix this, because it would be great to also be able to receive calls wirelessly!).

Best wishes,

N

edit: why can I never  re-read my post BEFORE posting?

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 23, 2017

@ST 

You mentioned that the local support team (Germany in my case) would get in touch, latest by monday 19 february 2018. This has not happened so far. 

I am also not receiving any response to any of my E-Mails from your side, which is really disappointing, since you offered to help out with this. Could you please help in resolving the issue asap.

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Jan 15, 2017

Hey Narindo. You will find that these earbuds are great for noise cancelling. Music shounds great. nice to use on an airplane. For that you should be satsified. Battery time is ok, I get 5 to 6 hours off of one charge. They do have a tendency to drop out. The bluetooth connection seems to drop out every now and then. I sent mine back becuase of that and Bose sent a pair back to me with an older manufacture date. That didn't fix the problem.

If you plan on using these for phone calls, you are out of luck. Every single sound in the backgound is amplified and sent to the caller. They just cannot hear you. If you are on a train or in any public space these are not usable. Bose implied that a firmware fix cannot solve this issue.

I am surprised that these are stll being sold. I am sure Bose wont update this design because everyone will want the updated devices.

If you plan on making any phone calls with yours, I would return them without even opening the box. Yes it really is that bad and yes Bose is not doing anything to make it better. Bose will tell you where your service center is but when you contact the service center they will say they never heard this being an issue. Mine are used only on airplanes. Other than that they are rather useless.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 24, 2018

@gus gutz I am so gutted to hear this! Robot Sad I guess i am in luck that I do not receive calls generally on this, and ‘only’ receive calls in quiet environments, does that mean that I will not experience these issues in a ‘quiet’ environmnent? (Or better said, the other one on the line will not hear anything extras?).

Also do you know if the issues is universal for iOS/Android/PC/Mac and does it make a difference with high/low noise cancellation? 

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Jan 15, 2017

There is no place quiet enough.You wont hear much on your end, but the caller will have a hard time hearing you. Even typing on a keyboard is as loud as your voice to the caller. The TV in the other room is as loud as sitting next to it. They just don't work for making or receiving phone calls.

I find when wearing them they cancel out just about everything. I do now know how much of that is from the buds. You can control how much is cancelled using the app. It is great on the plane. I wont use them for anything else. If you answer a call you have to turn them off. They are that useless. It doesn't matter what platform you are using. 

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @mysf

I apologize for not having been more responsive. I just sent you an email.

ST