Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Re: QC30 for Communication

Hi all,

Thanks for posting, and making your voices heard. We wanted everyone to know that we hear you and would encourage you to reach out to your local Bose support team for assistance with your QC30. Here is a link that you can use. Click on your country, scroll down to "Contact Us"

Regards,

Tony - Community Support

Highlighted
Advisor
Registered since

Mar 24, 2018

Highlighted
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Dec 23, 2016

Hi ahp,

The latest information is in the lead post in this discussion.  

I don't know if there's a way to change the Bluetooth profile that you phone uses. It would be up to the phone manufacturer or operating system provider to expose that in the user interface. 

ST

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 20, 2017

@ST - Hearphones, Which bluetooth profile does my phone need to support in order for Bose to manage communication more effecrtively?

Highlighted
Advisor
Registered since

Mar 24, 2018

@ahp Is the problem with mobile or windows? The problem is to only deactivate the qc30 microphone in the cell phone? Or is it a Sidetone problem? https://community.bose.com/t5/Wireless-Headphones/Request-Option-to-disable-and-enable-sidetone/td-p...

Thanks,
Marcel M.
Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Jan 15, 2017

Marcel  The problem is a bad design that Bose will not acknowledge. All they will say is call support. Support will not acknowledge there is a problem, but say they will replace them with another bad pair. There is a reason these were never updated. If Bose did that they would have to send out the new ones. 

Something happened at Bose a few years ago and all they did was rush products to market and the quality lost out. These headphones were poorly designed. My sound sport headphones just fell apart with all the rubber parts separating from the plastic. So much for waterproof. You pay premium prices for cheap plastic now.

Highlighted
Advisor
Registered since

Mar 24, 2018

But nothing you can not improve, right?
equal my post to have a Sidetone option. It will improve the noise issue in calls.
Thanks,
Marcel M.
Highlighted
Advisor
Registered since

Mar 24, 2018

The acoustic design is essential for the best running ANC. The qc35 has 2 microphones, one external and one internal. When you are on a call, you have no problems because of the acoustic structure.
Thanks,
Marcel M.
Highlighted
Advisor
Registered since

Mar 24, 2018

In the matter of cheap parts, it really has problem. But the price you pay is not for the part, but for a great guarantee and assistance.
Thanks,
Marcel M.
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 20, 2017

@maxnuk, the biggest problem for me is that the called party cannot hear me over all the background noise picked up by the QC30 mic.  The sidetone is annoying, but as long as the other party can hear me clearly without the distractions of every background noise, sidetone is managable for me.