Did you mean: 
ST - Hearphones
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Dec 23, 2016

QC30 for Communication

Bose QC30.jpg

UPDATE November 15, 2017

Thank you. To all who have provided feedback on the QC30 headset, we appreciate your patience as we investigated the issue.  We understand the product’s performance during phone calls may not meet your expectations.

We will continue to test and research improvements to call performance in noisy environments, but we haven't conclusively determined this behavior can be improved by a firmware update.

Some of you have posted concerns about nearing the end of the product’s original warranty or being close to return period deadlines.

We assure you, Bose stands behind its products and your satisfaction is extremely important to us.

If you have concerns, please contact your local customer service team to discuss a solution that is right for you.  Please follow this link to find your local Bose support www.Bose.com/support.

Thank you

ST

The original post from September 1, 2017, continues below.

We're creating this new discussion to talk about using QC30 for Communication.  We're splitting this off from the QC35 and QC30 Communications discussion.

We are listening as you tell us your concerns about QC30 performance for communication. We are taking this seriously, and we want you to know what we're doing about it.

We are conducting a field sample. Our engineering team will do an analysis of a dozen units from customers who are experiencing problems.  We have tested units from our inventory. Now we want to test yours.

We have contacted community members through private messages to arrange to get their QC30s back to us.

We will have more news as we learn more.

Thank you for choosing Bose.

ST

371 REPLIES 371
Kelyn159
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 22, 2017

Re: QC30 for Communication

Worst device for communication.
jtaus67
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 9, 2017

What's your timeframe for conducting this validation and producing an outcome? I am fortunate in only being several months into facing the inability to use for phone usage while so many others seem to have waited a lot longer for an answer. I am certainly appreciative of this indication that this needs to be addressed but please, provide some idea of timeline.

prchan
Participant
Registered since

Sep 1, 2017

I have the same problems. For music and videos it is a great product, but terrible on phone calls.
When I'm in the office, doors closed and no disturbance, people can hear me a bit distant.
When I'm at the airport, speaker announcements and surrounding people are better heard than me...
Hoping to have a firmware solution soon (I live in South America, so returning/replacing the product will be a difficult task).
Will be glad to help in any possible task, if helpful.
GatorTim
Collaborator
Registered since

Aug 10, 2017

So was the purpose of creating this new topic to just reset the number of negative comments about the product. I have been having the problem with this design flaw in the QC30 for almost a year. I want to be able to use these for business conference calls as I am on the phone 4-8 hours a day. But while the sound for me is great, no one on the call can hear me clearly. I am often talked over because people don't realize I am actually speaking and I usually have to talk very loudly or yell to be heard. But as soon as I open a window they can hear the bird chirping that is 50 feet away and if I walk into the kitchen to get water from the cooler, they think I am peeing and didn't put myself on mute. I simply cannot use them for business calls and instead I just use the wired headphones that came with my iPhone. If I could get my money back, I would and never buy another Bose product. Your complete lack of doing anything meaningful about this problem that has been discussed for over a year since they came out is proof that you do not care about your customers. Unfortunately I didn't realize the problem that others were having hearing me until it was too late for me to get a refund. So now I am stuck hoping that you eventually bow to the pressure of your unhappy customers and fix the problem. Bose used to stand for high quality and be the best in their field. It is sad that you cannot get this problem resolved.
Gsxr
Contributor
Registered since

May 8, 2017

Yet another thread with no results in sight.

I am more than happy to assist with demonstrating the issue
JefferyYam
Collaborator
Registered since

Jul 13, 2017

Bought a QC30 in April 2017. The sound and ANC is great as typical of a Bose Product. However, the mic was terrible and it amplifies the surrounding noises into the conversation. Train doors closing, doors closing, engine noises are amplified making conversations on the QC30 impossible. I brought it back to the shop after a month for a replacement. The Bose staff noted that this isn't a common problem.

I got a replacement pair of QC30 and the same exact problem exists. It is impossible to make calls and conduct conferences and interviews. I bought a new pair of Sonys just for these conferences and calls.

I have lived with the non functional mic until now for 5months..... But just last week, the ANC on the left side of the QC30s started to become unbalanced and gave out loud crackling sounds consistently. It gave me neasea and i stopped using them completely. Brought it back to the shop again and they told me that the waiting time would be 10 to 14 working days. I guess i will be out of a good pair of ANC headphones for 3 weeks which i think is way too long to fix a problem.

Hopefully Bose can fix this problem soon or at least provide a reasonable solution to users.

erferris
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 29, 2017

This is such a simple process.  Call anyone who owns a QC30 and try to hold a conversation with them.  You will hear every little pin drop, floor squeak, dog bark, bird tweet, etc.  If the person is in a quiet room, then they will sound hollor and distant.  If in a noisy situation like airport, outside, restaurant, you will hear everything amplified 10x.  The fact that it has taken literally years for Bose to admit this problem and issue a recall so those owners who are past the return period can be made whole is unacceptable for a company like Bose.

Yes, these work amazing for watching a movie on your tablet or listening to music.  Hands down one of the best listening devices with Noise Reduction.  Once you introduce the mic to speak to someone, then this $300 product drops to the bottom of the barrel.  If you simply need a device to consume audio/video then this is your device.

Luckily I experienced the problem within the first 30 days and was able to return for a full refund.  I purchased them in an airport at an InMotion location.  Since i was traveling i threw away all the packaging and only kept the stuff inside.  Thankfully the customer service at InMotion is excellent and honored the refund without original packaging.

Once Bose fixes this issue, I'll be the first in line to purchase.  

ethemk
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 31, 2017

Dear @ST - Hearphones

Thank you for your encouraging and embracing comments on the other thread.

I have no doubt that you do the best to reply the customers, and try to solve their problems.

Unfortunately, here I am, looking to an unopened box, with buyers remorse; seeing from here that there is no credible solution to the problem for the last couple of months.

If this was my first, I could've let go, but I'm sure the scenario will follow like, me opening and using the product, and in couple of months, Bose will release a updated version (in light of the QC35 upgrade rumourss), whereas I will be out of my exchange period (even without any options since I live in Istanbul) with a 'listening device' on my hand.

I sincerely believe that you are very helpful, I read many threads, but I hope the company policy on this is as helpful as you are.

All the best.

feysul
Collaborator
Registered since

Aug 21, 2017

I Echo all of your comments. 

EVERYONE: Until this gets resolved buy the Apple AirPods, they are awesome for phone calls etc.