Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mutnat
Mentor
Registered since

Feb 3, 2017

Re: QC30 for Communication

@bcabral wrote:

No, tried it and I still have exacly the same problems. And this is to be expected, because the firmware was not updated.

BC

bernardo.cabral@gmail.com I was skeptical as soon as I saw @monzour.abacan's report.  I fail to see how the Bose Connect app update could affect this, unless it also quietly adjusts something in the headset.  I have just completed my firmware upgrade to 1.2.9 (got a replacement unit recently that was on 1.1.9 - March 2017 build date - out of the box and forgot I had data restricted on the Bose Connect app on my phone, which was preventing the update sooner) and the app to 5.0.  I will test and try to report back next week, but I'm not expecting much if anything to be honest.

*** Please Note: I do not work for Bose; please don't private message me your support questions!
GatorTim
Collaborator
Registered since

Aug 10, 2017

When I saw the message this morning that seemed to describe everything working perfectly, I got really excited. I downloaded the latest version of the app and made sure I was on the latest firmware, which I already had installed. Made two attempts to use my QC30s on conference calls in my extremely quiet home office. On one I was repeatedly told to speak up or people were talking over me as if I wasn't speaking. I was almost yelling to be heard. On the other I didn't have to talk much, but at one point I was typing an IM response and forgot to put myself on mute first and someone asked if the person who was riding a horse could please close the stable door and shoot the thing to put it out of its misery. So no improvement. Makes me thing that the other reporter was probably being paid by the company to post something positive on this forum.

Really disappointing! Actually more disappointing because I got my hopes up for a fix and then had those hopes crushed!

Bose- fix it or issue a recall and refund everyone's money!
monzour.abacan
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 21, 2017

Whoa man. Sorry if my comment really got your hopes up regarding your QC30. Didn't mean to disappoint you. Yes, hopefully Bose gets a fix already...
monzour.abacan
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 21, 2017

Just an update: I tried using my QC30 in the bus going home. The engine was noisy. You can hear them from the inside. I called my fiancé to check my voice quality and she said she can hear me well. The quality was waaaay better than before! I can talk on my normal volume of voice even a bit lower than that and she can still hear me.

Now what I want to understand is that, how come my voice call improved soo well and didn't for others?
Chik
Collaborator
Registered since

Sep 14, 2017

I updated to 1.2.9 and it seems a bit better but the background noise is still being amplified and can be heard clearly by the caller I am speaking to.  I have spoken at length to bose about this and they believe the issue is because of the double mic (qc20 does not have this issue.) 

Why can't they just release an update to shut down one of the mics during calls??

Veggiemusician
Participant
Registered since

Sep 14, 2017

I have bought a pair of qc30 which are unopened and considering returning them. They have build date of march 2017... anyone here with same build date and problems?
GatorTim
Collaborator
Registered since

Aug 10, 2017

@veggie

If you are planning on using them to listen to music or movies and want great sound quality and noise cancellation, then keep them as they are one of the best on the market. But if you want to make a call and use them for the audio and mic, then they are garbage. So if calls are inportant to you, I recommend you find another vendors product.

I have had two sets now, the original I got as a Christmas present were from September 2016. I didn't realize the call quality issue until it was too late to return them. The replacements Bose sent me when the rubber skin started peeling off after about 7 months have a date of July 2017. They both have the same call quality issues. Bose is never going to fix the problem, they don't know how. They have no plans to maintain good customer service. They just keep paying lip service until people's opportunity to return the product runs out.

It is too late for us, but save yourself.

Tim
GatorTim
Collaborator
Registered since

Aug 10, 2017

Btw- I wish there was a way to select your forum rank. I don't think Friendly Fanatic is accurate. But Bose assumes that if you post a few times on the forum that you must like their products. Which I did. Until I got expensive trash and hideous customer service. Probably Outraged Critic would be more accurate!
Mutnat
Mentor
Registered since

Feb 3, 2017

@GatorTim, @Veggiemusician I have also had two sets, one from Sept 2016 and the replacements from March 2017, and can't see any appreciable difference in my limited re-testing. Agree that they are amazing for music and movies, but if you need them for calls I would return them, as gator suggested.
*** Please Note: I do not work for Bose; please don't private message me your support questions!
mustaki
Participant
Registered since

Sep 24, 2017

please, ill send them over to you on my expense.

my QC30 are practically new but they will not turn off anymore, a very common issue apparently.

dont even mention the sound quality which is avarage at most. (for 50$ earphones, not 380$ )

i also made the mistake of purchasing them while on vacation in another country and so a refund /replacement is not an option. 

i could have bought so many other excellent earphones, from other makers, for a fraction of the price.

at this time and age i expect a reputable company to take responsibility and recall their defective products and offer compensation.

sincerly

TM