Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vandrew
Advocate
Registered since

Jan 8, 2015

Re: QC30 for Communication

My sister in law wanted to get the QC30 as she is upgrading to the new iPhone 8. I told her to think twice is the intention was also to answer calls. I find it hard to recommend QC30 to her as the mic is very bad and Bose has done nothing to rectify it after so many months.

GatorTim
Collaborator
Registered since

Aug 10, 2017

I have been wondering if we are ever going to get an update. This board has gone mostly dormant over the last couple of weeks. ST- can we get an update on the testing that is happening and the issue resolution???
ST - Hearphones
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Dec 23, 2016

Hi @GatorTim

Thank you for asking.  It took awhile to get the units in. The tests and investigation are still in progress. I hope to have more news soon.

ST

TOM!
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 19, 2017

same same here,

now i found the time to read about this problems what i have since may, now the necklace starts to broken.

i am based in germany and i wrote some moments ago to the support to solve the problems and i will talking with them about my waranty what we have here like customer.

its so sad that bose can not fix this probems. very sad and bad together.

TOM!

Zac.sonoio
Participant
Registered since

Oct 20, 2017

Hi guys,

I had the same problems, and I was pretty disappointed. However, I realized the main mic for calls is in the right earphone.
If you leave that one hang on your chest, or hold it in front of your mouth, the call quality improves dramatically!

Cheers,
Zaccaria
Mutnat
Mentor
Registered since

Feb 3, 2017

@Zac.sonoio thanks for sharing.  However, holding the mic in front of your mouth, while possibly effective, kind of defeats the purpose of using a bluetooth headset to begin with (that is, being hands-free).  You might as well just hold the phone up to your head at that point.

*** Please Note: I do not work for Bose; please don't private message me your support questions!
GatorTim
Collaborator
Registered since

Aug 10, 2017

I was going to say the same thing. But I will add that if you let it dangle by your chest, that is fine if you don’t move around much. But if you are walking or moving in any way, then the mic brushing along your shirt creates a hideous swishing noise. Plus, the mic still picks up every little noise from 100ft away better than it does your voice.
Mutnat
Mentor
Registered since

Feb 3, 2017

@GatorTim good point about the noise.  Before I realized that issue, I took the right ear bud out during a call one time and the person on the other line was quite alarmed at all the noise.

*** Please Note: I do not work for Bose; please don't private message me your support questions!
Matthijsvanbergen
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 24, 2017

I would like you to know that the noisy mic problem is also quite serious for me. Spending 300 on a headset should ensure good mic/call quality as well, even if the main reason for the purchase is the noise cancelling and sound quality. 

Hoping for a solution soon. Thanks.

edit: Title and move to QC30 for Communication discussion

vandrew
Advocate
Registered since

Jan 8, 2015

Do we really have to wait a year?