Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GatorTim
Collaborator
Registered since

Aug 10, 2017

Re: QC30 for Communication

You are able to maintain a stable connection to windows Bluetooth with your QC 30s??? It has always been very choppy for me and I gave up trying to use them with Windows. I had read somewhere that this was a Windows issue and didn’t really bother pursuing it. But if others are able to use theirs with Windows then I will try again.

Interested to hear the results! Would love this to work well for Windows since most of my conference calls I could attend using Skype for Business.

Tim
kanguro
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 13, 2017

Hi daniel_p,

The settings you mentioned, are not related with NC, is just for you to adjust the level of sounds comming from Windows, not from the environment where you are.

BR

AUBose_User
Participant
Registered since

Oct 31, 2017

I have had the QC30 headphones for nearly 12 months.   My family all have Bose headphones of one type or another and we are avid fans of the brand.  None the less, I am very disappointed in the performance of the QC30 headphones for communication.   My experience is the same as others in the thread in that background noise makes it nearly impossible to use them, especially when coupled with feedback from callers that I cannot be heard clearly or that I sound "distant".   I have given up using them as headphones for phone calls and they are now only brought out of their case whilst viewing movies on plane flights or listening to music.   I would not recommend them at all as a communications device.   I am available to participate in any trial to address the issues currently being experienced.

vandrew
Advocate
Registered since

Jan 8, 2015

What is missing here is lack of information and lack of updates from Bose on how to resolve it. It has been going on for a year now based on some users and I got it in Feb 2017 but we are not seeing any clarity how Bose is going to resolve it. 

cmag
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 29, 2017

173 replies in 60 days... obviously a problem here Bose. Customers are not happy. We would like to use this headset for phone calls... any update from the engineering team?

Mutnat
Mentor
Registered since

Feb 3, 2017

@cmag wrote:

173 replies in 60 days... obviously a problem here Bose. Customers are not happy. We would like to use this headset for phone calls... any update from the engineering team?

^^^^^^^ this!  @ST - Hearphones any updates yet?  Waiting patienly.  

*** Please Note: I do not work for Bose; please don't private message me your support questions!
ST - Hearphones
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Dec 23, 2016

Hi Everybody,

Thanks for being patient. I hope to have news soon.

ST

@Mutnat

ComOps
Collaborator
Registered since

Nov 2, 2017

"We are conducting a field sample. Our engineering team will do an analysis of a dozen units from customers who are experiencing problems.  We have tested units from our inventory. Now we want to test yours."

@ST - Hearphonesmy device is manufactured end of September 2016, current firmware is 1.3.6. Please get in contact if there is a solution to the bad microphone performance for phone calls.

Cheers,

CO

Mwong2
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 2, 2017

How soon is soon?  I bought two pair for long flights (great) and conference calls (terrible).  I have less than 15 days until the 30 day return policy is up.  

Tony_G
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hi Mwong2

To reaffirm what @ST mentioned, I know its frustrating. We are monitoring these threads daily. We should have a solution for everyone soon.

Tony