Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vandrew
Advocate
Registered since

Jan 8, 2015

Re: QC30 for Communication

You can't as a company say "soon" to fix an issue that affects your consumer. Either you recall or fix it. I sent back my QC30 to get it fixed but the replacement has the same issue. So what are you trying to tell? You do not even know the problem is. End up it is us who is using the product getting fustrated. Even using the QC30 to call your customer service they couldn't even hear what I am speaking. Is this not serious enough? 

gus gutz
Enthusiast
Registered since

Jan 15, 2017

vandrew you said a lot of words, but what is your point. Not much of what you said makes any sense. Can you try again?

daniel_p
Collaborator
Registered since

Feb 16, 2017

I believe what is missing for us is an action plan described by Bose developers. We want to hear what the developers have made so far, what they are doing and what are the next steps in their plan.

@ST - Hearphones we deserve an action plan. Could you assist us to have it?

Question for the community: has anyone used NoiseGator. It seems to be an app with virtual audio that promises end external noise from mic dor Skype. I’m afraid to test. But it could be a solution for windows. If it works, Bose could plan to develop something similar to use with all OS.

ST - Hearphones
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Dec 23, 2016

Hi @daniel_p

We will respond to the issues raised in this discussion soon.  When we do, we will make an announcement here.

Thank you for your patience.

ST

@daniel_p wrote:

I believe what is missing for us is an action plan described by Bose developers. We want to hear what the developers have made so far, what they are doing and what are the next steps in their plan.

@ST - Hearphones we deserve an action plan. Could you assist us to have it?

Question for the community: has anyone used NoiseGator. It seems to be an app with virtual audio that promises end external noise from mic dor Skype. I’m afraid to test. But it could be a solution for windows. If it works, Bose could plan to develop something similar to use with all OS.

Mwong2
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 2, 2017

Soon ended up being not soon enough as my 30 day return window was up this week. Returned both pair and the sales rep had no idea of the issue. Actually one sales rep said that the noise cancellation helps the recipient of the call to hear better. Was offered a Black Friday price of $149 but even at that amount not being able to make a call was not worth the discount. Would gladly pay full retail if I could make a business call with it.
Marriner
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 14, 2017

Great for Music, Poor for talk:

I like many others in this forum have been dissappointed with the performance of the communication capabilities of my QC-30. I am hoping that a fix can be made soon. I had to purchase a competitors wireless headset to use in the field because people I would talk with on the QC30 would complain of background noise and that I sounded far away.

This product is not up to the usually high standards that the Bose reputation is built on.

ST - Hearphones
Registered since

Dec 23, 2016

UPDATE November 15, 2017

Thank you. To all who have provided feedback on the QC30 headset, we appreciate your patience as we investigated the issue.  We understand the product’s performance during phone calls may not meet your expectations.

We will continue to test and research improvements to call performance in noisy environments, but we haven't conclusively determined this behavior can be improved by a firmware update.

Some of you have posted concerns about nearing the end of the product’s original warranty or being close to return period deadlines.

We assure you, Bose stands behind its products and your satisfaction is extremely important to us.

If you have concerns, please contact your local customer service team to discuss a solution that is right for you.  Please follow this link to find your local Bose support www.Bose.com/support.

Thank you

ST

GatorTim
Collaborator
Registered since

Aug 10, 2017

@ST - Hearphones - is this code for saying that the only solution to the problem is to change the location of the mic so that it is pointing to the users mouth and not out of the back of their head? Since this is going to be a hardware update, what is going to happen to all of us who have been waiting for a year for a solution? Will we be given the opportunity to get a version 2 replacement for our existing headset? Or are we SOL?

Tim
ST - Hearphones
Registered since

Dec 23, 2016

Hi @GatorTim

You are definitely not, out of luck.

Please contact your local customer service team to discuss a solution that is right for you.  Please follow this link to find your local Bose support www.Bose.com/support.

Thank you,

ST

Rigadking
Participant
Registered since

Nov 16, 2017

Hello,
When the hardware version is fixed, am I able to exchange my current one using my warranty? I reside in Qatar and I've purchased my QC30 in Virgin Megastore. I'm still liable for a refund as I've purchased it on 7th Nov 2017. What should I do?