Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
steep.besoin
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 30, 2017

Re: QC30 for Communication

Hello ST
Me and my family have been loyal customers of Bose for many years.
Bose was always our choice to listen to music, use in the airplane, and create a nice home environment. As a business man I have used Bose HeadSet 2 and QC20 for a long time in my phone calls that I have done very often. Last November I saw Montreal Quitecontrol 30 in November and bought it immediately. When I returned to Turkey, I began to use it with great enthusiasm. Unfortunately, however, I started to have problems. The biggest problem was that in the phone calls it became almost impossible for me to talk to the other party because all the sounds in the background were going to the other side. I thought that the problem might be with my use, even from the iPhone. However, after many trials I found that the problem was Bose Connect 30 too. I am an IT auditor, that is why I am very close to technology. But since sound engineering is a very special area, I decided to consult with a colleague of academics who specialize in sound engineering at a university. I communicated to him and asked him for his opinion. In the meantime, I applied Bose for support. But since I was in Turkey, I saw that I could not get local support.
About a month later, my academic friend returned to me. He said the problem might be a design defect and that it could not be fixed with a firmware. He asked me to return the product if possible. However, I believed that Bose would solve the problem. I also decided to wait because I could use the device while listening to music. I became a member of the Bose community and started to follow the correspondence.
The last message created a different perception in your loyal customer like me.
I started to think that Bose was not transparent about the case and started to behave unethical anymore.
Moreover, this perception continued to increase as we saw that the product is still on on the shelves even in Turkey.
Obviously the root cause of the problem was found, but how to solve it could not be found.
Obviously this could not be solved with a firmware like my colleague's detection.
So the product has a defect.
There is a Turkish proverb "It is never too late to mend".
If the situation is the same as I mentioned above, you should declare it and and your recall QuiteControl 30 product.
If this is not the case and your research continues, please find the root cause immediately. I think this is the way that Bose choose for its reputation.
Best regards
Yalcin

ST - Hearphones
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Dec 23, 2016

Hi Yalcin,

Thank you for sharing your feelings and opinion, and thank you for choosing Bose. 

We understand the product’s performance during phone calls may not meet your expectations. Your satisfaction is extremely important to us.

"It is never too late to mend."

Please contact your local customer service team to discuss a solution that is right for you.  You can follow this link to find your local Bose support www.Bose.com/support

Thank you

ST

@steep.besoin

@steep.besoin wrote:

Hello ST
Me and my family have been loyal customers of Bose for many years.
Bose was always our choice to listen to music, use in the airplane, and create a nice home environment. As a business man I have used Bose HeadSet 2 and QC20 for a long time in my phone calls that I have done very often. Last November I saw Montreal Quitecontrol 30 in November and bought it immediately. When I returned to Turkey, I began to use it with great enthusiasm. Unfortunately, however, I started to have problems. The biggest problem was that in the phone calls it became almost impossible for me to talk to the other party because all the sounds in the background were going to the other side. I thought that the problem might be with my use, even from the iPhone. However, after many trials I found that the problem was Bose Connect 30 too. I am an IT auditor, that is why I am very close to technology. But since sound engineering is a very special area, I decided to consult with a colleague of academics who specialize in sound engineering at a university. I communicated to him and asked him for his opinion. In the meantime, I applied Bose for support. But since I was in Turkey, I saw that I could not get local support.
About a month later, my academic friend returned to me. He said the problem might be a design defect and that it could not be fixed with a firmware. He asked me to return the product if possible. However, I believed that Bose would solve the problem. I also decided to wait because I could use the device while listening to music. I became a member of the Bose community and started to follow the correspondence.
The last message created a different perception in your loyal customer like me.
I started to think that Bose was not transparent about the case and started to behave unethical anymore.
Moreover, this perception continued to increase as we saw that the product is still on on the shelves even in Turkey.
Obviously the root cause of the problem was found, but how to solve it could not be found.
Obviously this could not be solved with a firmware like my colleague's detection.
So the product has a defect.
There is a Turkish proverb "It is never too late to mend".
If the situation is the same as I mentioned above, you should declare it and and your recall QuiteControl 30 product.
If this is not the case and your research continues, please find the root cause immediately. I think this is the way that Bose choose for its reputation.
Best regards
Yalcin

DBRADFIELD
Participant
Registered since

Nov 26, 2017

Any further updates? THX

ST - Hearphones
Registered since

Dec 23, 2016

Hi @DBRADFIELD

Thanks for joining us.

The latest update (November 15th) is at the top of this discussion.

Please follow the link.

Thanks,

ST

gus gutz
Enthusiast
Registered since

Jan 15, 2017

The latest update is that this cannot be fixed and Bose does not want to admit it. Your option is to use it as it is our return it. That is the solution here. Bose will dance around the issue but they won't come out and say that it is what it is.
jtaus67
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 9, 2017

I purchased my set through an Apple store. Do I contact Bose locally or go to Apple? My right for me solution is a refund. 

ST - Hearphones
Registered since

Dec 23, 2016

Hi @jtaus67,

Thanks for asking. If you are within your return period with Apple you can return it to them. If not, please call Bose Support.

Follow this link to Bose product support for your area

Click your country, then scroll down until you see local contact information.

Thank you,

ST

ComOps
Collaborator
Registered since

Nov 2, 2017

If you watched your e-mail updates about this forum closely you might have got the same impression already.

Question for me is now: Will there be a QC30 II which will solve the mic issues for communications and if so can we swap QC30 I for QC30 II?

jace
Participant
Registered since

Nov 9, 2017

Bose India has not answered my email for over a week. I just called them. The person who answered seemed completely unaware of the QC30 issue and said I should take my headset "with original invoice" to a local service centre to discuss my warranty options.

This is not making me hopeful at all. I'm willing to bet they will do whatever they can to avoid addressing the issue.

ST - Hearphones
Registered since

Dec 23, 2016

Hi @ComOps

Thanks for writing. You've raised an interesting question.

"Will there be a QC30 II which will solve the mic issues for communications and if so can we swap QC30 I for QC30 II?"

We cannot comment on products that may be in development, but we're always working on something.

We also cannot comment on service options in the future. We can have to keep the conversation in the present.

Here is a link to the Bose Customer Contact for Service in Germany

Please call them to find out what options are available to you.

Thank you,

ST

@ComOps wrote:

If you watched your e-mail updates about this forum closely you might have got the same impression already.

Question for me is now: Will there be a QC30 II which will solve the mic issues for communications and if so can we swap QC30 I for QC30 II?