Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 31, 2017

Re: QC30 for Communication

A quick update for Australians.  I contacted Bose Support in Australia and they are aware of this thread and the problems with the QC30 Headphones.   They offered to exchange my current headphones or refund the purchase, given the niche nature of the QC30 I choose a refund.   My wife will continue to enjoy her QC35's and my son his QC20's ... me, I think I am on the hunt for a quality wireless earbud that works as a great headset for phone calls as well as music.  

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 28, 2017

Just yesterdaty I ordered the QC30 from Bose from their black friday sale, so I haven't even received them yet. I wish I had found this thread before I bought because I do need tyo be able to make phone calls using them.

So, I guess as soon as I receive them I'll have to do some call experiments to decide if I want to keep them or just turn around and send them back.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 1, 2017

I have the QC20i and QC30 and the fact that the noise cancelling goes away during calls is only limited to the QC30s.  I like them overall but I might return the QC30s because whenever I use Siri or make a phone call the heaphones sound like $2 earbuds.  Again, the QC20s keep the noise cancelling and the QC30s do not.  Seems like an easy firmware fix but Bose does not seem to get it.  We all want a fix to this i.e., 18 pages of comments. This is the first negative experience I've had with Bose, and it's shocking.  They usually are better than this.

Highlighted
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Dec 23, 2016

Hi @ymg99,

Thanks for joining the Bose Community.  I understand your concern about the QC30 and how it compares to the QC20 during calls. QC30 relies on Bluetooth profiles to determine the way it works when listening to music and taking calls. The fidelity is lower when taking calls. 

People have expressed other concerns about using QC30 for calls. Please read the lead post in this discussion to learn more about that.

We want you to be happy with your QC30, but if you are not and you are within your return period; yes, please return them.

Thank you,

ST

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 1, 2017

The latest firmware update did little to stop the hollow noise during phone calls and Siri prompts.  Highly disappointing.  Looks like QC20 is superior to QC30 for phone calls and Siri.  A rare misstep for Bose. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 1, 2017

Can I trade mine in for this model?: https://www.bose.com/en_us/products/headphones/conversation_enhancing_headphones/hearphones.html#v=h...

I'd like to have a product that noise cancels during phone calls.

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Jan 15, 2017

Re: QC35 and QC30 for communications

@ST - Hearphones wrote:

QC30 relies on Bluetooth profiles to determine the way it works when listening to music and taking calls. The fidelity is lower when taking calls. 

ST

So this is your new response.  Blame it on Bluetooth.  So there is no fix. Why wont Bose give us a comprehensive, definitive response right here, right now and close this thread. Tell us, those waithing for a response, if anything is being done and what our options are. None of this call support. They have NO idea there are issues. 

I know you wont answer this question, but there are a lot of people following this thread and want a response to these questions. The real Bose was never like this. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 9, 2017

I agree. Bose India support is clueless and is insisting I take a day off work to visit their service centre before they'll give me *any* comment on what my options are.

This is now my third bounce from ST to email support to phone support to the service centre. I fully expect the pattern will continue and the service centre will bounce me over to US support since my QC30 was purchased in the US -- after wasting an entire day of my time.

This insistence on not offering a clear answer is making me wary of buying Bose again.

Highlighted
Registered since

Dec 23, 2016

Hi jace,

I'm sorry you are getting bounced around. I've just sent you a private message to get more information.

Thanks for patience.

ST

@Jace wrote:

I agree. Bose India support is clueless and is insisting I take a day off work to visit their service centre before they'll give me *any* comment on what my options are.

This is now my third bounce from ST to email support to phone support to the service centre. I fully expect the pattern will continue and the service centre will bounce me over to US support since my QC30 was purchased in the US -- after wasting an entire day of my time.

This insistence on not offering a clear answer is making me wary of buying Bose again.

Highlighted
Registered since

Dec 23, 2016

Hi ymg99,

Thanks for your question.  We don't have a trade-in program. If you are within a return period, you can return the QC30 and purchase another product that will suits your needs better. If you are outside the return period, please contact Bose Support to discuss your options.

Please follow this link to Bose product support for your area

Click your country, then scroll down until you see local contact information.

Thank you,

ST

@ymg99 wrote:

Can I trade mine in for this model?: https://www.bose.com/en_us/products/headphones/conversation_enhancing_headphones/hearphones.html#v=h...

I'd like to have a product that noise cancels during phone calls.