Community Manager

Re: QC30 for Communication

Hi @gus gutz,

gus gutz wrote: "So this is your new response.  Blame it on Bluetooth."

The Bluetooth profiles for Headset and Hands-Free operation are the limiting factor on what you hear when using any Bluetooth device for communication. 

gus gutz; "Why wont Bose give us a comprehensive, definitive response right here, right now and close this thread. Tell us, those waithing for a response, if anything is being done and what our options are."

The latest update (November 15th) is at the top of this discussion.

We have found that people get very upset when we close threads.

gus gutz: " None of this call support. They have NO idea there are issues. "

We handle all services requests through local Bose Support. We can't help you until contact them directly.

You can follow this link to Bose product support for your area
Click your country, then scroll down until you see local contact information.

If you haven't contacted Bose Support lately, please do.

Thanks,

ST

@gus gutz wrote:

@ST wrote:

QC30 relies on Bluetooth profiles to determine the way it works when listening to music and taking calls. The fidelity is lower when taking calls. 

ST

So this is your new response.  Blame it on Bluetooth.  So there is no fix. Why wont Bose give us a comprehensive, definitive response right here, right now and close this thread. Tell us, those waithing for a response, if anything is being done and what our options are. None of this call support. They have NO idea there are issues. 

I know you wont answer this question, but there are a lot of people following this thread and want a response to these questions. The real Bose was never like this. 

Robertpetry
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Mar 14, 2017

@ST,

My friend, you have been very helpful for a number of people on this site, including me and I appreciate what a difficult line you have to walk when there is an engineering issue causing a good deal of backlash in the support forums.  But sometimes enough is enough.  This issue is not due to the Bluetooth profiles or protocols as you recently suggested.  We can name a bunch of other headphones that have excellent noise cancelation for their microphones during voice communication.  It is not believable that that is the issue here.  

The issue is the type, placement, and/or location of the microphone(s) and the software that isolates a user’s voice from background noise.  To blame "Bluetooth" is silliness and below you and Bose.  

There is a design and/or software issue with the QC30, QC35 and perhaps other headsets made by Bose in the past 1 1/2 years.  It may be hardware design, software, or a combination of both.  You have done as good a job as possible given the constraints you have had to deal with over the many months of this and other threads.  

Blaming Bluetooth is not accurate however.  No way I am buying that.

Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: QC35 and QC30 for communications

Hi @Robertpetry

Thanks for your reply and your support.

I haven't said that Bluetooth is the cause/reason/excuse for the issue with what people hear at the far-end of the conversation. It is a contributing factor to the difference in what you (the person wearing the headset) hears between a wired headset and a Bluetooth device. 

I'm afraid that the Bluetooth issue over the last few posts got pulled out of the context in which made my comment.

Here is the larger context to my comment.

-----

@ymg99 wrote:

I have the QC20i and QC30 and the fact that the noise cancelling goes away during calls is only limited to the QC30s.  I like them overall but I might return the QC30s because whenever I use Siri or make a phone call the heaphones sound like $2 earbuds.  Again, the QC20s keep the noise cancelling and the QC30s do not.  Seems like an easy firmware fix but Bose does not seem to get it.  We all want a fix to this i.e., 18 pages of comments. This is the first negative experience I've had with Bose, and it's shocking.  They usually are better than this.

-----

I replied:

@ST wrote:

Hi @ymg99,

Thanks for joining the Bose Community.  I understand your concern about the QC30 and how it compares to the QC20 during calls. QC30 relies on Bluetooth profiles to determine the way it works when listening to music and taking calls. The fidelity is lower when taking calls. 

People have expressed other concerns about using QC30 for calls. Please read the lead post in this discussion to learn more about that.

We want you to be happy with your QC30, but if you are not and you are within your return period; yes, please return them.

Thank you,

ST

-----

Thanks for writing Robert and for giving me this opportunity to address this point more clearly.

To all:

If you are not happy with your QC30 for communication, please contact Bose product support for your area.

Thank you,

ST

@Robertpetry wrote:

@ST,

My friend, you have been very helpful for a number of people on this site, including me and I appreciate what a difficult line you have to walk when there is an engineering issue causing a good deal of backlash in the support forums.  But sometimes enough is enough.  This issue is not due to the Bluetooth profiles or protocols as you recently suggested.  We can name a bunch of other headphones that have excellent noise cancelation for their microphones during voice communication.  It is not believable that that is the issue here.  

The issue is the type, placement, and/or location of the microphone(s) and the software that isolates a user’s voice from background noise.  To blame "Bluetooth" is silliness and below you and Bose.  

There is a design and/or software issue with the QC30, QC35 and perhaps other headsets made by Bose in the past 1 1/2 years.  It may be hardware design, software, or a combination of both.  You have done as good a job as possible given the constraints you have had to deal with over the many months of this and other threads.  

Blaming Bluetooth is not accurate however.  No way I am buying that.

Robertpetry
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Mar 14, 2017

Re: QC35 and QC30 for communications

@ST

Ahhhh.  That makes more sense.  Thank you for your explaination.  We were discussion two different issues.  

Rigadking
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 16, 2017

Hello,
Any updates?
Community Manager

Hi @Rigadking

The latest update (November 15th) is at the top of this discussion.

There has been no change since I last wrote to you and said,

Please contact your local customer service team to discuss a solution that is right for you. 

You can follow this link to Bose product support for your area.

Thank you,

ST

@Rigadking wrote:
Hello,
When the hardware version is fixed, am I able to exchange my current one using my warranty? I reside in Qatar and I've purchased my QC30 in Virgin Megastore. I'm still liable for a refund as I've purchased it on 7th Nov 2017. What should I do?

Mutnat
Noisy Narrator
Registered since

Feb 3, 2017

So @ST, the official response is contact support for help?  Is this the end, or is there still ongoing work on this issue?  All support can do is exchange the unit for another one with the same issue, which isn't really very helpful.  I guess we should give up on ever being able to make calls on our QC30s?  😞

Community Manager

Hi @Mutnat,

Yes, the official response is to contact support for help. Support is done at the local level so the next step is to contact your local Bose support center.

Thanks for asking,

ST

gus gutz
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jan 15, 2017

That does not answer the question. Is this the end? Is there any ongoing work being done on the issues?
Community Manager

Hi @gus gutz

The answer to the question is in the lead post to this discussion.

There are no further updates.

Please follow the link.

Thanks,

ST