Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ComOps
Collaborator
Registered since

Nov 2, 2017

Re: QC30 for Communication

Hey guys, hey @ST - Hearphones,
to give you something to work with I'd like to request a specific feature that is easy to implement and would sort of solve the problem for me:

* Please add a feature to Bose connect to disable the Bluetooth (TM) handsfree profile

The idea is, that without the handsfree profile a call would still be heard on the QC30 (with ANC enabled) but the mic used would be the one from the cell phone. Or even a connected external mic. Problem solved? Can we get that, please?

Cheers
ComOps
Shiloh_C
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Aug 25, 2017

Hey ComOps,

Thanks so much for suggesting that. That would be a really interesting and useful feature, I'll pass that along to the team for you.

Have a wonderful day,

Shiloh_C 

ST - Hearphones
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Dec 23, 2016

Hi @ComOps

I can do this now on my PC. All my conferencing apps have some option to choose which microphone to use.

I haven't seen a similar option in my phone.

ST

@ComOps wrote:
Hey guys, hey @ST - Hearphones,
to give you something to work with I'd like to request a specific feature that is easy to implement and would sort of solve the problem for me:

* Please add a feature to Bose connect to disable the Bluetooth (TM) handsfree profile

The idea is, that without the handsfree profile a call would still be heard on the QC30 (with ANC enabled) but the mic used would be the one from the cell phone. Or even a connected external mic. Problem solved? Can we get that, please?

Cheers
ComOps

vandrew
Advocate
Registered since

Jan 8, 2015

@Shiloh_C wrote:

Hey ComOps,

Thanks so much for suggesting that. That would be a really interesting and useful feature, I'll pass that along to the team for you.

Have a wonderful day,

Shiloh_C 

If this is considered interesting and useful feature, that means something is not right with the mic on the QCs. Why do other brands of headphone mic able to work properly? What is causing the amplification of audio the mic picks up when using the QC?   

Mutnat
Mentor
Registered since

Feb 3, 2017

@ST - Hearphones wrote:

Hi @Mutnat,

Yes, the official response is to contact support for help. Support is done at the local level so the next step is to contact your local Bose support center.

Thanks for asking,

ST

Okay, thanks for confirming, @ST - Hearphones.  I've already had my hardware replaced once (thank you again) with no change on this issue.  So, I guess I must now move on to the acceptance stage of grief and settle into using my QC30 only for media and my Voyager Edge for phone calls.  I guess it's not the end of the world, but still disappointing.  

*** Please Note: I do not work for Bose; please don't private message me your support questions!
mdsista2
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 7, 2017

ST -

If you bought a refurbished unit from an outlet store, do you have to go to one of those or can you go to a non-outlet Bose store for support?  Thank you.

ST - Hearphones
Registered since

Dec 23, 2016

Hi @mdsista2,

Support for QC30 is handled through our local support centers. If you are outside the return period at the outlet store, please contact Bose Support.

It sounds like you are in the US. Please follow this link for contact information for Bose Support US.  They can tell you about your support options.

Thank you,

ST

ST - Hearphones
Registered since

Dec 23, 2016

Hi @mdsista2,

Support for QC30 is handled through our local support centers. If you are outside the return period at the outlet store, please contact Bose Support.

It sounds like you are in the US. Please follow this link for contact information for Bose Support US.  They can tell you about your support options.

Thank you,

ST

ave1024
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 3, 2018

Do the Bose Hearphones suffer the same crap communication performance that the qc30 have?  Or do they work fine in noisy environments?  I'd upgrade to the hearphones if it meant i can take crystal clear phone calls.

Mutnat
Mentor
Registered since

Feb 3, 2017

@ave1024 funny you should ask, I was just looking at the Hearphone area of the community here yesterday to see if it's still the case, but they do indeed suffer the same issue for phone calls.
*** Please Note: I do not work for Bose; please don't private message me your support questions!