Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PBoxster98
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 13, 2017

Re: QC30 for Communication

Well, after trying 3 other brands I've concluded that the QC30's are the best available wireless noise cancelling earphones available and purchased another set. These ones were manufactured May of this year. Upon first booting them up both user audible background noise and transmitted background noise was much better. Upon upgrading to the latest firmware the original issue popped back up. That leads me to believe the issue can be resolved through a firmware update even moreso than before. Now the question is, will it be? Has anyone received any more information?
eduardoi
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 26, 2017

Same issues as everyone.

Just purchased a pair in Spain. Date of manufacturing June 2017.

Useless for calls. My girlfriend is really pissed off. She says calling me it's a pain now.

What a fail!. Bose. Your engineers should be ashamed to put this product on the market.

KellyD
Participant
Registered since

Sep 26, 2017

I am experiencing the same issue as all others are posting. Mic pics up every little sound and blows out listener on the other side of the call. Unusable for calls. Contact me please if you want to study my headphones to help figure out why, but this needs to be fixed

the_greggs
Participant
Registered since

Sep 26, 2017

I too am experiencing the call quality issues that have been posted and don't need to repeat them. Unfortunately I believed in the Bose brand and that it would be fixed and am extremely disappointed to have kept them beyond the return window and am out $300. I will give credit that I enjoy them for listening to audio but also find they shift on my neck and then the short cord pulls on the earbud.

I find it incredulous that a year later when i talk with support they act like it's the first time they've heard this problem.

I'm hopeful there'll be a fix or restitution for my loyalty to the brand.
mustaki
Participant
Registered since

Sep 24, 2017

"I find it incredulous that a year later when i talk with support they act like it's the first time they've heard this problem."

i think its a common practice or a policy of customer support centers.

they never admit a fault in their product until lab validates it. 

vandrew
Advocate
Registered since

Jan 8, 2015

I waited since Feb. Did an exchange of the QC30. The mic is still the same. 

ctrutescu
Collaborator
Registered since

Sep 19, 2017

Hi,

@ST - Hearphones any updates? There have been more than 2 weeks since last update, can we have some news on how investigation is going?

Did you managed to get needed headsets for analysis and any chance to get this fixed or we should wait for QC30 v 2.0?

Thanks!

Constantin

gonzabalut
Participant
Registered since

Sep 27, 2017

Very bad. When i sync my iPhone and my MacBook with the QC30 and somebody calls me, the sound of my laptop doesn't work any more. To fix it i have to delete the conection and syncronize it again. The sound is awesome, but that problem is very uncomfortable. 

ST - Hearphones
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Dec 23, 2016

Hi @ctrutescu

We have received a few QC30 and more are on the way. I don't have any more information right now. As soon as I do, I'll post an update here.

Thanks for asking,

ST

@ctrutescu wrote:

Hi,

@ST - Hearphones any updates? There have been more than 2 weeks since last update, can we have some news on how investigation is going?

Did you managed to get needed headsets for analysis and any chance to get this fixed or we should wait for QC30 v 2.0?

Thanks!

Constantin

mustaki
Participant
Registered since

Sep 24, 2017

Hi ST,

please make sure to communicate this to all you'r service centers worlwide.  (according to my local service center, i am the only one experiencing issues with Bose earphones)

According to the traffic here, there are hundreds of angry customers with costly, defective earphones.

This is not a minor issue you can keep quiet and hope itll go away. it wont.

I expect a full refund for my purchase, no less. 

Things could get even uglier if bose decides to not take the situation seriously. (welcome to the social media age.)

Regards,

Tom