cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GatorTim
Collaborator
  • 17
  • 12
  • 0
Registered since

Aug 10, 2017

Re: QC30 for Communication

The inventory units are exactly the same as the ones that you all have. I just got my QC30 replaced because I complained about the call quality and the rubber casing was falling off near the ends of both ends. The brand new ones have a manufactured date of late July and I have the same problem with these as I had with the earlier. I hope they solve the problem soon as I am really frustrated with the fact that I bought this really expensive headphones to use for business calls and I am using a free pair of wired headphones that came with my phone. They suck for audio but are great for calls.

Tim
Nyjoe
Participant
  • 1
  • 1
  • 0
Registered since

Sep 3, 2017

Re: QC30 for Communication

I own several headphones from bose and others. When I bought the qc30 and made a few phone calls - I quickly realized there was a microphone issue. I called support twice and they sounded surprised and acted like this was news to them. Clearly based on the community posts, this is a general issue and the support responses and offers to replace with another or the same is disengenuious at best. In my opinion these are being marketed with the false expectation that they are two way communicators and are suitable for phone calls. When in reality they are just headphones for listening to things. That's the reality at the moment. Whether they are fixable, I have no idea. But Bose definitely hurting reputation with likely some of there best and most influential customers. It's embarrassing and a shame that customers have to beg for a fix for what is an absolute basic feature of the device.
bjashton
Participant
  • 1
  • 4
  • 0
Registered since

May 8, 2017

Re: QC30 for Communication

@ST - Hearphones

RE: We are conducting a field sample. Our engineering team will do an analysis of a dozen units from customers who are experiencing problems.  We have tested units from our inventory. Now we want to test yours.

 

Does that mean that when you tested 12 sets of these from your inventory you weren't able to immediately reproduce the problem on every single one?

 

 

J

feysul
Collaborator
  • 15
  • 16
  • 0
Registered since

Aug 21, 2017

Re: QC30 for Communication

@ST - Hearphones I'm still confused. I appreciate the effort to help but has there ever been acknowledgment of an issue?

What was the formal conclusion of the 12 you tested from your inventory? If they work great and so does the mic I will pay for one full price.
ST - Hearphones
Community Manager - Retired
  • 0
  • 2081
  • 160
Registered since

Dec 23, 2016

Re: QC30 for Communication

Hi @bjashton

 

You wrote: "Does that mean that when you tested 12 sets of these from your inventory you weren't able to immediately reproduce the problem on every single one?"

 

That's a great question - at least I'd like to think it is because I asked almost the same thing not long ago.

 

For clarity: I didn't say that we had tested *12* units from our inventory so let's not get our sights set on that number.

 

Back to your question: We have tested units from our inventory and now we are widening the scope of the testing. We need to get more units across a broader population including QC30s owned by people who have had the problem. That's why we're doing the field test. 

 

We're pulling in units from different time periods and looking for other variables. Beyond that, I can't get into the details of what we analyze and how we do that.

 

I'll be back with more information as soon as there is more to say.

 

Thanks for being a part of the conversation.

 

ST

 


@bjashton wrote:

@ST - Hearphones

RE: We are conducting a field sample. Our engineering team will do an analysis of a dozen units from customers who are experiencing problems.  We have tested units from our inventory. Now we want to test yours.

 

Does that mean that when you tested 12 sets of these from your inventory you weren't able to immediately reproduce the problem on every single one?

 

 

J


 

ST - Hearphones
Community Manager - Retired
  • 0
  • 2081
  • 160
Registered since

Dec 23, 2016

Re: QC30 for Communication

Hi @feysul

 

Thanks for your questions. 

 

You wrote: ... "I appreciate the effort to help but has there ever been acknowledgment of an issue?"

 

We acknowledge some of our customers have reported an issue with call quality. We are acting on that. We need to determine the severity and scope of the issue. We're doing tests internally, pulling in units from the field, and telling you, our community, what we're doing.

 

You wrote: "What was the formal conclusion of the 12 you tested from your inventory?"

 

I didn't say we tested 12 from our inventory. We tested some and decided we needed to get a wider sample.

 

@feysul, I looked back over your previous posts. I see you own several of Bose products with noise cancellation. Thank you for choosing Bose.  It appears you've had your QC30 for about two weeks. You are doing what we hope people will do within the first 30 days, trying out your QC30 to make sure it will meet your needs. We want you to be satisfied with your QC30. If you are not, and you are within the return period with the vendor, please return them. 

 

Sincerely,

ST

 

 


@feysul wrote:
@ST - Hearphones I'm still confused. I appreciate the effort to help but has there ever been acknowledgment of an issue?

What was the formal conclusion of the 12 you tested from your inventory? If they work great and so does the mic I will pay for one full price.



 

 

feysul
Collaborator
  • 15
  • 16
  • 0
Registered since

Aug 21, 2017

Re: QC30 for Communication

There is value in the QC30. I fly every week and for my flights the noise cancellation and sound is great. Those features for me are a bigdeal and the QC 30 is great. It's beats me having to lug the QC35.

However the microphone is not just a little bad. It's is useless. I won't get into that again.

I hope @ST - Hearphones that Bose will take care of the ones that trusted the Brand to begin with and "make this right for us".
ST - Hearphones
Community Manager - Retired
  • 0
  • 2081
  • 160
Registered since

Dec 23, 2016

Re: QC30 for Communication

Hi @feysul

 

I understand and agree with you when you say, "There is value in the QC30. I fly every week and for my flights the noise cancellation and sound is great. Those features for me are a bigdeal and the QC 30 is great. It's beats me having to lug the QC35."

 

You have to decide if these benefits outweigh your concerns about the communications performance.

 

In your most recent post, you wrote: "I hope @ST - Hearphones that Bose will take care of the ones that trusted the Brand to begin with and "make this right for us".

 

Yesterday you wrote: "A firmware update will not fix this. They need a new microphone. It's hardware.

 

Please assess your QC30 as it is now and decide if it meets your needs. If you are not satisfied with the microphone performance, please return it.  

 

Sincerely,

ST

 

 


@feysul wrote:
There is value in the QC30. I fly every week and for my flights the noise cancellation and sound is great. Those features for me are a bigdeal and the QC 30 is great. It's beats me having to lug the QC35.

However the microphone is not just a little bad. It's is useless. I won't get into that again.

I hope @ST - Hearphones that Bose will take care of the ones that trusted the Brand to begin with and "make this right for us".

 

feysul
Collaborator
  • 15
  • 16
  • 0
Registered since

Aug 21, 2017

Re: QC30 for Communication

Thanks but I Don't want to return it.

I paid for a useful microphone and I want one. Not just me but hundreds of others Bose customers.

I know I can return it. But as I mentioned want to use it as is.

I find your repeated suggestions to "return it" troublesome.
JesseJ
Participant
  • 2
  • 1
  • 0
Registered since

Sep 4, 2017

Re: QC30 for Communication

Same problem here. Reading up on this thread (and the others) clarifies some for me however.

I have had the feeling that it's a bit "random" with the microphone quality. It could very well be related to background noise and that the microphone adjusts (incorrectly) to those.

 

One of the reasons why I paid this much for a headset was to get rid of all the problems with cheaper wireless headsets. I cannot afford having bad microphone quality in my line of work, yet here I am. I feel that I cannot trust the headset.

 

I believe you when you say you are working on it. I sure hope that you will get a good solution in place and not just drag out on the process till you release a successor (that would be a great way to loose a customer and an advocate). Seen that with other brands, sadly.

 

Until you have a viable solution in place;

Is it possible (and helpfull) to  have a "static microphone sensitivity" toggle in a "debugging" menu in the app?

To actually disable the microphone tune-in thing and use a "default" sensitivity mode that should be good enough for most of us most of the time, till you get the algorithm or whatever in place to have the best solution for all the time in place again.

 

Cheers,

J