Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 1, 2017

Re: QC30 green light will not turn off

Hi Tony,

Thanks for the QC30 reset directions. I performed the reset and the green light is still on continously and does not turn off. 

Tech71

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

tech71,

Thanks for trying that. We would recommend contacting your local Bose support HERE. Click on your country, scroll down to "Contact Us"

Let us know.

Tony

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 9, 2017

Didn't work with my QC35 earphones. I now can't udate my firmware as the site says the files aren't available. Really annoying having this issue. Get it sorted Bose.

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi @duncan1873

I just visited the site: http://btu.bose.com and I tried both my QC35 and QC30. It looks like the site is functioning correctly.

Which headset did you connect?

At what point to do you see the message that the files aren't available?

Can you take a screenshot of the message?

Thanks,

ST

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 8, 2017

I'm having the same issue with my QC30s green light not turning off, and battery constantly draining.  When I first got them they worked perfect. I don't recall exactly when that changed. 

I followed the turn off/plugin/unplug procedure, it did not work. 

I successfully downgraded to firmware 1.1.9 (verified via the Bose app).  That did not resolve the issue unfortunately.

Any other ideas?  Is there any word on an upcoming firmware update that may resolve this?

Thanks!

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 9, 2017

Hi Joe,

Contact Bose customer support & they will email you a returns label to send them back & they will send you a brand new pair FOC. It appears to be a hardware fault.

I hope this helps

Regards,

Duncan
Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 9, 2017

Resolved it appears to be a hardware fault & Bose are replacing. Many thanks for your help.
Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 9, 2017

Issue resolved it appears to be a hardware fault & Bose are replacing. Many thanks for your help.
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 8, 2017

Thank you Duncan!
Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jun 16, 2017

Same issue. No power cycle, no ability to reset. Very disappointed with experience. Obviously these were not ready for debut by a company with a long history of quality. Between horrible Bluetooth connectivity that had my headphones disconnecting repeatedly, loud static noises periodically and now this, I have had enough. Too many quality competitors out there to think you can live on your history.