Highlighted
vijayitian
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 12, 2017

Re: QC30 green light will not turn off

Hello,

I had my QC35 just for an year and now the green and white light wont turn off and the headphones still connected to devices though its turned off with both lights on :(.  Any help?

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

vijayitian

Thanks for posting, it looks like the best thing would be for you to contact your local Bose support here. Click on your country, scroll down to " Contact Us"

Please come back and update us. we are here to help.

Tony

Highlighted
askar1347
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Aug 20, 2017

I have also the same problem. The green light on my QC30 won't turn off. Any solution yet?

Can somebody with working QC30 can confirm that QC30 green light can actually goes off when device is OFF? 

For me, other functions of the Power/Bluetooth button isn't the same as what explained in the user manual.

For example, if the device not connected to any bluetooth device, pressing this button should turn on a blue LED, indicating that it is now ready to pair; but there is no blue light anymore. Device still can be paried but the functionality isn't nomal 

I also should mention that pressing this button is really hard for me. It is very stiff and hard to press. 

Highlighted
JoeT
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 8, 2017

Yes, the green light should absolutely turn off.  However, there is some fault with these units where at some point something breaks and you can no longer shut them off, as well as the strange LED issues.  My first QC30 had this issue (as noted earlier in this thread).  I fretted far too long on it then finally contacted customer support.  My experience was outlined earlier in this thread also.  My end result was an overall positive experience, and quick too.  I am on my 2nd set of QC30s and so far they've been great.   But others have noted they've been through multiple sets with the same issue.

I would not just give up and "live with it", because if you can not turn them off, then you will be constantly re-charging them, and I assume that will lessen the battery life.

Highlighted
askar1347
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Aug 20, 2017

Thanks a lot Joe, now I am confident that the device has some kind of hardware issue.

I've returned it back to the seller yesterday after trying everything possible. Now I am waiting for them to confirm that the issue is not fixable through software updates then hopefuly they will give me a new device without issue. 

Unfortunately here we don't have Bose direct support. There are kind of local warranty system here. I've paid equivallent to $420 to this device, so I hope they replace it with a working one.

Thanks again.

Update:

I've got a replacement today and it is working fine by now. The retailer replaced it for me based on their warranty policies. Then as a general recommendation, if you want to buy this headphone, ask the seller to open the package for you, then test the power button to make sure it is working properly. 

Regarding overal performance of the device by now, I can tell I am impressed with noise-cancelling feature. The sound quality is also good. The connectivity isn't any special but not as bad as some people advocating, it is simmilar to any other bluetooth headphone, you loose connection as fast as you cannot see your phone directly. Some vendors was able to manage better connectivity but it is bluetooth don't expect to keep your phone in your room and go outside you room and expect to keep connection. I am also feeling some pressure on my ears and I don't consider this device for long-time use. It is disappoint that you cannot turn the noise-cancelling completly off. Even if you reduce the noise cancelling level to zero, you will hear a constant white noise.

Highlighted
dcfargo
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jun 16, 2017

My second set of headphones went bad last night after approximately 2 months. Very similar to the previous set. I have Best Buy two year replacement package but will most likely return today and go a different direction. 

Too many issues with these headsets that I are simply not ready for primetime, Issues include repetitive disconnection from devices, poor connection where sound just goes dead when I turn my head and of course the green light issue. Last night, it just went to white noise and then wouldn't turn off. 

Very disapointed with Bose and their inability to get issue fixed or at a minimum, a recall or just a simple "yes, we know there is an issue". Nothing worse than calling customer service who act like this is the first time they have ever heard of this issue. 

Highlighted
vijayitian
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 12, 2017

Thanks!

I did contact Bose Facebook Customer Service and I'm glad that they are pretty fast in the response. They shipped me a new QC35 in less than a week. Thanks!

I suggest to anyone who are facing this problem to do the same. I believe this could be a no firmware update fix but a h/w fix.

duncan1873
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 9, 2017

Hi All,

as some of the other guys have said the best thing is to contact the Bose Customer Service Team who in my case emailed me a postage paid label which I simply printed off, sent off the faulty QC35 headphones & they sent me a brand new pair of headphones by return.

I think Bose know that there is a faulty hardware issue that this fault occurs in some headphones so they seem to be keen to resolve the issue by issuing a pair of new headphones upon receipt of the faulty ones.

Like many others I tried resetting them, downloading new firmware etc etc., just contact Bose & get a return organised. My only concern is that it's happening with different models i.e. QC30's & QC35's. Plus what happening in a couple of years the same fault reoccurs will Bose be so keen to replace?

Regards & goodluck all!

Duncan

Highlighted
duncan1873
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 9, 2017

Hi St,

I return them to Bose for a replacement. I think it must be a known hardware issue so they replaced them without a quibble. My new set are functioning without ant issues. The Mrs has a set of QC35's which I bought at the same time, but she never uses them so I fingers crossed that they don't develop the same issue.

Regards,

Duncan

Highlighted
duncan1873
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 9, 2017

QC35 won't turn off

Hi St,

I return them to Bose for a replacement. I think it must be a known hardware issue so they replaced them without a quibble. My new set are functioning without ant issues. The Mrs has a set of QC35's which I bought at the same time, but she never uses them so I fingers crossed that they don't develop the same issue.

Regards,

Duncan