Highlighted
bigplatypus
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 30, 2017

QC30 green light will not turn off

My QC 30 green battery light will not turn off. Everything else works. It seems that the earphones are not powering down however I hear the powering down sound. The light turns off once the battery is discharged but turns back on as soon as I charge it and remains on when off the charger. I did download the bose app and updated the firmware. I belive the problem started after the firmware update.

39 REPLIES 39
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: QC30 green light will not turn off

Hi bigplaypus,

I don't doubt what you are telling us. My two QC30 behave like this: The green light goes off when I turn them off. I just updated the firmware to the latest (1.2.8) on Saturday. The behavior of the green light was the same before the firmware update, and after.

Try this procedure for resetting the earphones.

Turn the headset off and wait for 30 seconds. Plug the headset into a USB power supply via USB cord and wait 5 seconds. (Power supply needs to be plugged into the wall with power on). Unplug USB cord from headset and wait 1 minute. Turn on the headset and test if the headset works properly.

If that doesn't help  

Here are the instructions to initiate the firmware downgrade procedure if you want to try that.

1. Go to btu.bose.com on a PC or Mac computer

2. Plug your headset into the PC or Mac via USB

3. Click on the QC35 product

4. The update page will load and tell you the software is up to date

5. When on this screen type the following 5 keys sequentially: ‘a’ ‘d’ ‘v’ ‘<up arrow>’ ‘<down arrow>’.   The page will display the following:

6. Choose the previous version of the firmware from the drop down menu, then click “apply changes”

7. The Firmware will begin to load.  This process may take between 5 and 10 minutes depending on ISP and network conditions.  Do not disconnect the headset until the process is complete.

Does either procedure help?

If not, here is a link to Bose product support for your area

ST

Highlighted
bigplatypus
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 30, 2017

Did not work still have the same problem.

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi BigPlatypus,

I'm sorry that these steps didn't help.

Please follow this link to Bose product support for your area.

If you are in a region that has telephone support, I would call Bose for the fastest response.

ST

Highlighted
micz01
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 5, 2017

Hi,

for informaton, after all tests I have tried to restart QC and made downgrade I am not able to switch  this product off - it is still green light. The product is working until it dies when battery drain to almost zero. One small improvement happened with downgrade to firmware 1.1.9 / instead of green light I was able to see red light when indicated by voice that battery is under 10%.  There is no way how to reboot this product and exercise with USB power on 5sec etc. is not possible. As I have product only 2week I am going to ask reseller for service for free - warranty. There is some issue / hw or sw / and seems to be critical for standard use. I hope that my another product QC35 will work fine, but who knows.
Regards
Miro

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Micz01,

Sorry to hear about the issue with your headphones.We would suggest contacting your local Bose support by going HERE.

Thanks

Tony

Highlighted
Socrates
Vocal Volunteer
Registered since

Dec 24, 2016

There is no reason why you should have to trouble-shoot a product that you bought only two weeks ago.  Take it back to the retailer.  Don't accept a replacement.  Get a refund and then repurchase the QC30 as a separate transaction.  That will restart the retailer's return policy.

Highlighted
tech71
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 1, 2017

Hi Bigplatypus,

Did you get fix for your continuous green light?

Highlighted
temitope.falade@gmail.com
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 4, 2017

I have the same problem. The green light on my QC30 won't turn off. Any solution yet?

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

temitope.falade

Sorry to hear that. The first thing we would suggest is to reboot your QC30 if possible.

1. Turn the headset off and wait for 30 seconds.
  2. Plug the headset into a USB power supply via USB cord and wait 5 seconds. (Power supply needs to be plugged into the wall with power on).
  3. Unplug USB cord from headset and wait 1 minute.
  4. Turn on the headset and test if the headset works properly.

Give that a try and let us know.

Tony