Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 8, 2017

Re: QC30 green light will not turn off

I emailed tech support for mine and they emailed me a pre-paid UPS label within 3-4 hours (email said 2, just be a little more patient, unlike me!).

I sent mine off Mon afternoon I think. They told me that when they receive notification mine had been picked up by and scanned by UPS they would ship my replacement... before they actually receive my QC30s. There was a one day or so turnaround, and i was emailed a tracking number which states my replacement QC30 will be here today!

I will report back after a couple of days with the replacement.

I too have bluetooth issues, but thats a story for another thread. If my phone is at my side in a belt pouch or pocket it seems to not make a good connection. However if my phone is on a desk or something with a clear line-of-sight then it works great. Something about the body masking the signal or something, weird. While it is something of an issue, it does not stop me from enjoying my QC30s.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jun 17, 2017

Like the others:

My headphone Q35 green led will not turn off, FW downgrade NO, Reboot with turn off,plug in, plug out, NO.

Bose must know what the real problem is, and is not making it public.  It has to be a hardware failure, no reboot FW fix, otherwise you would see it.  Where is the post that says, "you should return your headphones, there is nothing you can do to fix this"?

Very disappointed in forum tech help

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi srsayer,

It sounds like you've done all you can do on your own. It's time to call Bose Support.

Please follow this link to Bose product support for your area. Click on your country, then scroll down to contact information for Bose Support.

Thanks,

ST

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 8, 2017

I received my replacement unit on Friday.  The original e-mail had me expecting just the QC30 with no additional accessories, however, I received a brand-new-in-the-box set of QC30s.  Not sure if this is standard procedure, or because I bought the in-store warranty, or because I've not had them for more than 90 days or so.  That made me quite happy.  I charged them up and was able to use them on two 5+ hour car rides this weekend.  Worked great.  Very happy.  Thanks to the faux-cross shipping method (i.e., Bose shipping replacement unit when my return UPS label was scanned) I wasn't without my QC30s for more than a few days, and the whole ordeal didn't cost me any money.  Thanks Bose.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

@JoeT Thanks for the update. Glad everything worked out for you. Let us know if you need anything. 

Mohsin

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 29, 2015

I am having the same problem:  the green light will not turn off.  This is my third headset from the Bose retailer.  

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 29, 2015

I am having the same problem, and this is my third headset in a month.  My previous headsets also had issues with turning on.  The power button is wonky, to say the least and although a hassle, I will keep exchanging for a new set until Bose fixes this obvious problem.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 25, 2017

Im having the same Issue with the green light on ,I called Bose Support cause my QC30 were only 2 weeks old they said return them so I did, then I got a new set of QC30 It's been about 6 months I've had the new Headphones and now again yesterday the green light is on , on my new headphones, thank god i bought a 2 year extended warrenty these are going back today.

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jul 26, 2017

I have the same issue. 6 month old unit. Read this thread and tried everything but nothing helps. It must be a hardware issue which cant be resolved.

Really disappointed and if Bose is a serious company they should replace my unit with 2-3 new ones.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Erik79

Thanks for posting. It looks like its time to contact your local Bose support here. Click on your country, scroll down to "Contact Us"

Let us know how it goes

Tony