Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 22, 2017

QC30 - how to find serial number if I did not keep the original packaging?

My QC30 stopped working after two months.  I sent them to a local Bose service center together with the original receipt (miraculously kept it).  The service center is refusing to replace the headphones unless I find the original package with the serial number.  Is there any other way to find the serial number of QC30? Or does it mean that because I did not keep the original package I cannot claim (get a replacement) under the Bose warranty?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 20, 2017

Re: QC30 - how to find serial number if I did not keep the original packaging?

"Bose Connect" app can show you the serial number of the deivce. But for this you need to have access to your headphone, connect to it, then run the Bose Connect app. 

I think they need package to confirm you are the owner of the device. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 22, 2017

Thank you for the advice, but, unfortunately, the headphones are completely "bricked" and and the computer does not see them if connected.

@askar1347 wrote:

"Bose Connect" app can show you the serial number of the deivce. But for this you need to have access to your headphone, connect to it, then run the Bose Connect app. 

I think they need package to confirm you are the owner of the device. 

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Mar 30, 2017

I have a pair of old qc1 (I think there qc1) and there is a sticker inside one of the ear cups with the serial number on it so hopefully you'll have one on your set  good luck 

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Andrei

That's a great question. The best thing you could do could be to contact your local Bose support using the DOM. The date of manufacture (DOM) is printed on the left ear tip. Remove the ear tip to see this number. 

Here is a link to your local Bose support.

Click on your country, scroll down to "contact us"

Tony