Mutnat
Noisy Narrator
Registered since

Feb 3, 2017

QC30's slipping around? Possible workaround.

Got a pair of QC30's?  Do you find they shift around on you while you wear them and you have to keep adjusting the neck band?  I have a possible workaround if you happen to wear collared shirts.  This won't help if you only/mostly wear T-shirts or jerseys.  It would probably work with turtlenecks but I don't have any to try with.  But it definitely works with men's dress shirts and men's collared casual/sport shirts.  It would likely work well with golf shirts too.  I'm not sure about ladies' wear but probably anything with a bit of a collar.

The trick is:  wear the neckband outside your collar instead of inside.  I know that for the first several days I had them, I wore them inside to hide the neckband.  But when I did that, I got the sliding around issue that I had heard about in reviews.  I felt a little silly wearing it outside the first few times, but at least for me, the neckband stays in place really quite well.  I still need to adjust it on occasion, and sometimes it gets my collar out of sorts which needs tweaking.  But overall, this way is much less work.  

Next time you're wearing a collared shirt, it's worth a try!  I haven't had too many funny looks on the train going to and from work every day, though until recently I still had a jacket over top. 

IMG_20170511_144826.jpgIMG_20170511_144814.jpg

2 REPLIES 2

Re: QC30's slipping around? Possible workaround.

Mutnat,

Thanks for sharing. That is a great idea! We love when users have tips like this for others to try!

Keep it up,

Tony

Mutnat
Noisy Narrator
Registered since

Feb 3, 2017

Re: QC30's slipping around? Possible workaround.

Thanks @Tony_G.  To be fair, I'm not sure if this is a completely original idea or not, but hopefully it helps at least a few people.