Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 23, 2017

QC30 will not pair with Windows 7

I have the QC 30 and am trying to pair with my Dell Latitude E7740 which is running Windows 7.  I can successfully add the device.  However, the bluetooth does not seem to connect.  The device shows up as grayed out in my device list and when I try to connect is seems to get stuck at "configuring bluetooth services". I have run the Bose bluetooth updater and have also tried (many times) to remove the device my computer and clear the headphone device, as well as rebooting the computer.

13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: QC30 will not pair with Windows 7

Hi pfavara,

I'm sorry that you're having trouble connecting your QC30 to your computer.

Please try the Dell Support Site for Latitue E7440

and see if there are updated Bluetooth drivers for your computer.

From this discussion on the Dell Support Site, it appears that an updated Intel driver may work.

Does that help?

ST

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 23, 2017

Thank you for the reply.  I should have noted that I am actually running bluetooth using a plugable USB 2.0 bluetooth adaptor that is supposed to be 4.0 LE compatable, thought I know sometimes there are compatability issues with BT-LE and Windows 7 (my Dell did not have a bluetooth installed).  However, I am able successfully pair my QC35's with the same setup.  I did check for driver updates and installed - unfortunately, did not work. 

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi pfavara,

Let's figure out if your QC30 QC35 is operating correctly.

• Have you been able to successfully connect to a different device (phone, tablet)?
  • Have you been able to successfully connect to a different computer with your USB 2.0 Bluetooth adapter?

ST

edit: I meant to say QC30 - ST

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 23, 2017

To Clarify:  my QC35's work fine. It has connected to the Dell with the USB2.0.  It is the QC30 that is having connectivity issues.  The QC30 connects fine to my iphone and I also connected easily to my Surface Pro 4 running Windows 10.  I don't have another PC running Windows 7 so am unable to test the USB2 on another PC.

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi pfavara,

I'm sorry, I meant to type QC30 not QC35 in my post above. I've corrected that now.

Okay, it sounds like the QC30 is fine. The Bluetooth USB connection is fine.

I would try

• On the QC30 clearing the Bluetooth device list
  • On the Dell, going into Device Manager and deleting any sign of the QC30 (I'm not running Windows 7 on any devices here, so I can tell you exactly where to find those).
  • Re-pairing the QC30 to the Dell.

Does that help?

ST

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 23, 2017

I did try this recommendations.  Several times (including powering down and rebooting my computer).  It does not work.  The pairing sequence seems to get stuck at "configuring bluetooth services".  When I tried to pair beats headphones with the same computer it worked fine. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 23, 2017

Thanks for the help so far.  Are we at the end of the line and out of ideas?  I suspect it is probably a problem with Windows 7 and/or the BT adaptor for my computer and it one of the rare issues.  If that is the case, I do appreciate the help provided. It is a great product and works well with my other devices.   

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi pfavera,

From reading things through again,

• Your QC30 works fine with your iPhone and Surface Pro 4.
  • Your QC30 won't connect to your Dell running Windows 7 with the USB 2.0 Bluetooth dongle.
  • Your QC35 will connect to your Dell running Windows 7 with the USB 2.0 Bluetooth dongle.

I think the QC30 is fine. And I'm sorry, I don't know how to solve the connectivity issue through the USB Bluetooth dongle on the Dell running Windows 7.  Maybe you can find updated drivers for the USB Bluetooth dongle.

I hope someone else has some suggestions.

ST

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 28, 2017

So, I'm not the only one...

I bought a QC30 last week.  I've upgraded it to firmware 1.2.9.  It pairs and works with my Macbook Pro, iPhone, iPad and MacOS Sierra on my 2012 Mac Pro with upgraded BT4 LE module. 

So, for the most part, the QC30 works.  Except under Windows 7 on my Mac Pro.

It will pair with Windows 7.  I can shows up in my device list as a LE device, and it has read the name I assigned it from the app on my iPad.  So, it definitely pairs.

What it won't do is Connect.  It says "Configuring bluetooth services.." for a long time, and then tells me there was an "Error connecting to headset. Please retry this operation."

I have rebooted, downloaded the latest BootCamp drivers and installed them, uninstalled the driver and reinstalled.  All to no avail.  I came here hoping for a solution, but all I've found is that this seems to be an issue that nobody has solved.  Fortunately I bought mine at a Bose store, so I've got another two weeks or so to find a solution before my 30 day return window closes.

Has anyone solved this issue?