Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 22, 2017

Re: QC35 - Annoying hissing/white noise in left earcup

I bought a pair last weekend and had the same issue with the right earcup. I hesitantly updated to the latest firmware but the issue persisted. I took mine back and exchanged for another pair that as yet have not shown this problem. Also, I am not updating as the 1.0.6 firmware seems to be preferred over the newer release.

Exchange them until you get a good one.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 21, 2017

Thanks for your input, @dradma.

Do they replace the headphone immediately, or do they ask us to wait for a few days (while they inspect that or something)? Good to hear that you are not facing any issue now!

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 22, 2017

It depends on where you purchased them. Since they are brand new, they should replace them on the spot. Any reputable retailer should take care of you. I bought mine at Nordstrom because they have the best return policy. I would think the Bose store should take care of you as well.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 21, 2017

Got it, @dradma

Will go to the Bose store today, and have them replaced. Fingers crossed for the one which I will get! Hope to not face that issue again!

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 30, 2017

Did you get a replacement and was the defect still present ?

I have the exact same issue , very poor from Bose , especially since the qc35 retails for $500 in Australia

The qc35's are fine at the start then after 30-60min listening to music the left ear cup starts to hiss at a very audible level , sometimes overpowers music if volume is kept at around 20% .
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 21, 2017

@M3_raj wrote:
Did you get a replacement and was the defect still present ?

I have the exact same issue , very poor from Bose , especially since the qc35 retails for $500 in Australia

The qc35's are fine at the start then after 30-60min listening to music the left ear cup starts to hiss at a very audible level , sometimes overpowers music if volume is kept at around 20% .

I actually got a replacement from Bose without any hassle. Their customer service is really good. No complaints about that.

However, after trying for about 28 days, I ultimately decided to return my QuietComfort 35s, and got a full refund from them.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 3, 2017

I had the exact same thing happen after using the headphones for several days.  Battery life was down to 10% and I had upgraded to the newest firmware.  I tried the reset instructions listed here without remedy so I recharged the headphones to 100%.  To my surprise, after recharging fully the problem was gone.  Very curious to know if anyone else has this experience...

Participant
Registered since

Jul 15, 2017

I have the same problem. It's a nice headphone, but when I use it for more than 1 to 1,5 hour, the left earcup starts to hiss loud. It is not the "normal" hiss you hear when noise-cancelling is on, it's louder and in a quiet room at home it's very annoying. I hear this hiss even with music at 20% volume.

The latest firmware is installed (1.3.2), when I turn off noise-cancelling with the iPhone-app the hiss is gone. Turning bluetooth off by using the cable doesn't help, it makes things a little bit worse. Changing the volume down does not change the amount of hiss. Covering the microphoneholes on the outside doesn't change anything. 

I had no luck with the reset-procedure earlier discribed in this and other topics, but when I turn off the headset for a while (some hours) its gone. To me it looks like some kind of hardware (thermal?) problem. 

People at Bose, I hope you can fix this, otherwise I will return the headphone. A headphone like this should not hiss that loud.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 30, 2017

i got rid of the qc35  headphones, will buy the sony noise cancelling version soon

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

timspiek

Thanks for the detailed post and all the troubleshooting you have already done.. At this time it looks like the best thing would be for you to contact your local Bose support here. Click on your country, scroll down to " Contact Us"

Please come back and update us. we are here to help.

Tony