Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 22, 2017

Re: QC35 Bluetooth Audio Increased Delay/Lag Since 1.2.x Update

The YouTube app is non-native and drains the battery. It's also probably why the video sync isn't working. Use Safari to view YouTube (with an adblocker too).

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 8, 2018

Why is this not fixed after all this time? Ill try do return my unit. This is unacceptable. It will not be fixed. Don't believe they can. Embarrassing to point towards Bluetooth delay in general. Im using Android and its not working. 99 of 100 its delayed. Inconsistent behavior with IOS as well.
Im really disappointed as so many other owners.
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

I totally agree with Huggtand!

I'm an owner of QC35 II, which has SERIOUS lagg issues with Win10 and OSX - especially after updating to the latest firmware on the headphones!

You need to fix this NOW!! 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 12, 2018

The same thing happens to me, what a shame....

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Aug 25, 2017

Hi there, everyone!

Thank you for posting in this thread, I'm sorry to hear that you're all experiencing lag!  I'd like to start with some basic troubleshooting steps to try and resolve this.

Let's start with a reset:

1. Turn the headset off and wait for 30 seconds.
  2. Plug the headset into a USB power supply via USB cord and wait 5 seconds. (Power supply needs to be plugged into the wall with power on).
  3. Unplug USB cord from headset and wait 1 minute.
  4. Turn on the headset and test if the headset works properly.

After you complete the reset let's clear the pairing list.  To clear the list just slide the power switch all the way to the right towards the Bluetooth symbol and hold it there for about 10 seconds, you should hear a tone or voice indicating that the list is cleared.  At this point make sure to delete the headphones from your device's paired list then reestablish the connection and test it out.

Also, can everybody just provide me with some information?

Do you have the QC35 series I or II?

Are they updated?

Does this lag occur on more than one device?

What devices and/or streaming services does this lag occur on?

Thank you all again and I hope that you enjoy your weekend!

Take care,

Shiloh 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 22, 2018

I did all that and still the issues are with all the sounds in Android and iphone. It doesn't happen on Windows 10 or it is very low compared to the mobile devices. 

In the cellphones it doesn't happen in youtube or with the gallery app, i don't know if the app knows about the bluetooth so it moves the audio forward.

Why it works better in windows 10 than in any other device? Can i do something about it?

I had the Bose Soundlink 2 since December and i was very pleased with the performance. I really wanted the noise cancellation so i sold them and then bought the QC35 II  without this audio lag issue being mentioned in any re view of the headphones. 

Very dissapointed in Bose right now. 

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

@vharguen thank you for writing in, and sorry to hear about the difficulty you are having. Can you clarify what applications you are experiencing this with? Does it happen when listening to music only? 

Have you tried using the backup audio cable? 

Check back with us when you get the chance. 

Thank you again,

Mohsin

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 22, 2018

Hi.

Sorry for answering so late but i was in an accident so different priorities. Now, the problem is with all the applications, if you use Netflix or youtube the app by itself sync with the lag without you noticing, but with Videolan or with games the lag is pretty severe, like 0.3 seconds. Even when changing settings in the cellphone you can tell because you will hear the sound in the phone before that in your headset by a good margin.

I tried changing the codec but these headphones only support AAC and SBC and no difference whatsoever. In rtings.com webpage the review says the latency is even worse than the previus version and it seems they are right.

With the cable everything is right, searching a lot of people write down than bluetooth is laggy because it is but why is such a lag with audio but for instance when playing a game with a bluetooth controller the input lag is not even close to the audio lag? 
Just asking if there is some way to make it better, if with a firmware update this will be fixed somehow or we just give up and never trust Bose again about taking care of the latency issues.

Numbers according to Rtings webpage:

Latency in QC35    = 189 ms

Latency in QC35 II = 220 ms

It should be always pointed out in the test of other sites, maybe to avoid scaring the possible customers they skip that part.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

@vharguen Hi, it's no problem, we appreciate that you were able to get back. A slight delay when using Bluetooth is normal. This would account for internal processing in the source as well as the processing being used by the headset. This may present itself while playing a video source and transmitting audio. We encourage you to use the most recent version of your mobile apps, Bluetooth devices, and Bose headphones.

As always, we appreciate the feedback here. Should you feel concerned that your headphones are not functioning properly, please contact our service team in your region, and they should be able to come up with a further solution for you. Please click here for contact information. Just select your region, and kindly scroll down to where you see "contact us". 

Thank you again,

Mohsin 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 27, 2018

You are not alone, I have the QC35II the lag was noticable but I was coping.

Then the firmware update.

It was so bad, I had to return the unit.  Couldn't work out how to downgrade the firmware.  Just borrow my wife's QC35.

Totally do not understand how a professional company can release such a bad upgrade and despite many people calling this out on forums, the BOSE technical support, just say latency is part of the wireless experience.

Really poor form.