Highlighted
Advisor
  • 81
  • 428
  • 10
Registered since

Dec 24, 2016

Re: QC35 Bluetooth Audio Delay/Lag


@qbast wrote:

What makes you think that receiving side cannot buffer as well? It is not related to Bluetooth, but in case of audio communication over a network is it pretty common for receiving side to use 'jitter buffer' to smooth out differences in packet arrival times.


You're wrong. BT receivers do not do any buffering.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
  • 0
  • 2555
  • 114
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Re: QC35 Bluetooth Audio Increased Delay/Lag Since 1.2.x Update

Hey all,

 

Just a reminder - New firmware update is available for the QC35:

 

https://community.bose.com/t5/Wireless-Headphones/QC35-Firmware-Update-V1-3-2-Available-June-22nd/m-...

 

These updates will be available on the btu.bose.com site and over the air via the Connect App.

 

Thank you,

 

Mohsin

Highlighted
Contributor
  • 4
  • 19
  • 0
Registered since

Apr 28, 2017

Re: QC35 Bluetooth Audio Delay/Lag


@Socrates wrote:

@qbast wrote:

What makes you think that receiving side cannot buffer as well? It is not related to Bluetooth, but in case of audio communication over a network is it pretty common for receiving side to use 'jitter buffer' to smooth out differences in packet arrival times.


You're wrong. BT receivers do not do any buffering.


Although I'm sure they can introduce additional lag if they are slow to process things or do additional processing - many of us certainly noticed a change (worsening) in lag after a QC35 FW update, which is clearly nothing to do with the sending device.

Highlighted
Advisor
  • 81
  • 428
  • 10
Registered since

Dec 24, 2016

Re: QC35 Bluetooth Audio Delay/Lag


@EDIflyer wrote:

@Socrates wrote:

@qbast wrote:

What makes you think that receiving side cannot buffer as well? It is not related to Bluetooth, but in case of audio communication over a network is it pretty common for receiving side to use 'jitter buffer' to smooth out differences in packet arrival times.


You're wrong. BT receivers do not do any buffering.


Although I'm sure they can introduce additional lag if they are slow to process things or do additional processing - many of us certainly noticed a change (worsening) in lag after a QC35 FW update, which is clearly nothing to do with the sending device.


No, that's incorrect.  I don't care what "many of us" noticed.  It's not physically possible.

Highlighted
Contributor
  • 4
  • 19
  • 0
Registered since

Apr 28, 2017

Re: QC35 Bluetooth Audio Delay/Lag

OK, not a particular illuminating reply - care to explain why the observed behaviour has happened then?  Just because you haven't experienced it doesn't mean it didn't happen.  I also think it is entirely logical that delayed processing (which the QC35s are also doing with ANC, etc.) can lead to loss of sync.

Highlighted
Advisor
  • 81
  • 428
  • 10
Registered since

Dec 24, 2016

Re: QC35 Bluetooth Audio Delay/Lag


@EDIflyer wrote:

OK, not a particular illuminating reply - care to explain why the observed behaviour has happened then?  Just because you haven't experienced it doesn't mean it didn't happen.  I also think it is entirely logical that delayed processing (which the QC35s are also doing with ANC, etc.) can lead to loss of sync.


It doesn't happen because BT doesn't work that way.  Sorry.

 

You don't have much of a technical background, do you?

Highlighted
Contributor
  • 4
  • 19
  • 0
Registered since

Apr 28, 2017

Re: QC35 Bluetooth Audio Delay/Lag

I do, but am more used to conversing with people that can provide meaningful and polite answers.  No point discussing things any further given your replies to date in this thread though.

Highlighted
Advisor
  • 81
  • 428
  • 10
Registered since

Dec 24, 2016

Re: QC35 Bluetooth Audio Delay/Lag

If you have a technical background you might consider investigating how BT operates. Quite simply, it doesn't do what you allege.
Highlighted
Collaborator
  • 4
  • 14
  • 0
Registered since

Apr 18, 2017

Re: QC35 Bluetooth Audio Delay/Lag

Im sorry i am not adding anything meaningful to this post.

 

I just came to say it is incredibly annoying to hear from you @Socrates.

Reason being you keep on blabbering about TS being wrong and all, and yet you are not providing any real information on this thread for everyone else to read and learn.

 

Stop posting useless stuff.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
  • 15
  • 104
  • 0
Registered since

Mar 21, 2017

Re: QC35 Bluetooth Audio Delay/Lag

It looks to me that you don't have much technical background actually. It does not matter how 'BT' operates - Bluetooth receiver is not directly coupled to headphone coils. There is some processing before that - you know that QC35 uses active EQ, right? There is a DSP that does the processing, it might introduce delay and this delay might depend on firmware.