Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 27, 2018

QC35 Bug on new FW

I dont remember what was my older release but now Im on 1.5.1

I am experience some errors while connected to my phone Samsumg Note 8 and my PC a Windows 8.1 laptop, if Im streaming music from my laptop and open my phone then I can hear like lag on the music, that dissapear as soon as the phone is locked.

I have also experiences disconections from the laptop when changing a youtube video from pause to play.

So I'll be listening to music on youtube and if I need to leave the laptop I would press pause, When I return even after a minute I put my phones and play play on the video, I hear the disconection beep on the headphones and the bluetooth gets disconected.

Thank you.

8 REPLIES 8
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

Re: QC35 Bug on new FW

Hello yoko911

Thanks for posting in the community!  Sorry to hear about the issues, but would be glad to help!

Have you tried clearing the pairing list on the headset by holding the power button forward for about 10 seconds until the headset prompts the device list is cleared?  I would recommend doing this as well as removing the headset from your PC and mobile device and creating a new a pairing.  

Let us know how it goes!

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 27, 2018

I cleared the connections using the Bose connetion app, because holding the button 10 second didnt work, deleted my heaphones from my note 8 pairing list and my computer list and do the connections again, I still have issues, when unlocking the phoe the audio from the computer lags

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Jun 6, 2018

Hello yoko911,

It looks like there was a firmware update released about a month ago (2.5.3) that is more current that the one you have now. I'd recommend updating via the USB charging cable connected to your computer. Navigate to btu.bose.com and follow the instructions there. Hopefully that will resolve the issue with disconnection.

Let us know how it goes!

Best Regards,

Greg - Community Support

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 27, 2018

Hello, I just updated to 2.5.3 some days ago and been testing.

Now its worse, the sound from my PC lags even when the phone is sleeping, and in some cases when I have the music paused on my PC the headphones just dissconect and connect again. I notice that because of the chime on my headphones (im using them for noise cancelling only), the 'disconected' chime and 'connected chime' are less than one second apart, so i think with this version is now worse.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Jun 6, 2018

Hello yoko911,

Thank you for following up. Two questions come to mind.

1. Are your headphones connected to both devices (Samsung Note 8 and PC) when this happens? Are you able to duplicate the problem when connected to just one phone or two mobile devices? The though here is to see if we can isolate the problem to the PC vs. mobile device vs. two mobile devices.
  2. Are you using a Bluetooth dongle to connect to your laptop?

Thanks very much! 

Best Regards,

Greg

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 27, 2018

Hello,

1. Yes, only when connected both, when only one then its fine, when the lag is awful I turn off the bluetooth on my note 8 and everything is fine, I mainly use the qc35 with my PC but sometimes I need to make calls thats why I connect them to the Note8.

2. No dongle Im using a laptop with blueetooth integrated Dell precision 7510

Regards

Dario

Highlighted
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

Hi yoko911

Thanks for providing the information.  Could you check to see if there are any new Bluetooth drivers available for your computer?  I would check with the PC manufacturer or the Bluetooth chipset manufacturer's support site.

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 27, 2018

Hello,

I updated last week from version 19 somethign to 20.60.0.4 on my laptop and been testing since, The failure is still present.

Regards