QC35 Comfort Wireless microphone is too sensitive

Friendly Fanatic

QC35 Comfort Wireless microphone is too sensitive

Hoping someone can help me. I have a pair of QC35 wireless headphones which i love for the sound quility and comfort. BUT the one issue is the microphone is too sensitive when I take a calls on my mobile phone.

For example: 

1: When I was on the tram talking to my wife the other day all she could her was the guy about 3 seats away talking on his phone (handset). Had to change to the handset

2: walking down the street and a motor bike goes by and the call reciever had to hang up as it was so loud, even 100 meters up the road (was a very loud hog)

3: on the mobile and my kid was playing with a lolly wrapper, SO LOUD in my ear and for the call reciever. 

There has to be a way to stop this from happening, massive design fault if not. PLease help so i can be 100% happy with my headphones. 

Cheers 

20 REPLIES

Re: QC35 Comfort Wireless microphone is too sensitive

innit30 Thanks for the question, Unfortunately there is no way to adjust the sensitivity of the microphone on any of our headsets. Any adjustment would need to be made from your source device. If you could provide the phones Make/Model I could be of further assistance. We would also recommend installing the Bose Connect app to keep up with firmware updates.

Hope this helps

Friendly Fanatic

Thanks Tony G. 

Iphone 6s, running iOS 10.2

Have the Bose connect installed and running 3.0.1

Walking down the street today asking Siri to shuffle music and kicked some leaves, least to say is was so loud..... Real shame this cant be fixed. 

Thanks for the information innit30.  To learn more about the specific options available for your iPhone, we'd recommend checking at Apple's support site by going HERE.

Otherwise, we will certainly pass this along to our product teams for consideration for a future update.  To be sure your QC35's are always up to date, we'd suggest installing our Bose Connect app from the app store. 

Audible Advocate

I am having the same issue.  

Even if I am just moving papers on the desk people complain that it is super loud.  

I was making a call from a car (as a passenger) and the person on the other end said it sounded like a wind tunnel because they could here the air from the vent so loud (which was not faciing me).

My wife also complains that she can hear the guy in the next office loud and clear when we are talking.

I end up going back to my platronics ear piece for calls, which is one of the main reasons I bought this set.  I'm wondering if it is a defect in my mic, or just a overly sensitive mic that makes these headphones virtually not usable for calls.

Audible Advocate

I am having the same problem, receiving complains on every skype or phone conference with my coworkers. I have tried myself to listen “from the other side” and the mic sensitivity is just ridiculous. Someone coughing 10 m away would be heard like it was 1st person. Not to mention background noise, or other people speaking even if far away. In addition when speaking the voice tone needs to be unnaturally low or people would complain that “I’m too close to the microphone”.

I have tried muting, unmuting the phone everytime (not so practic since it can’t be done from the headset itself) but it ruins the experience, and people would shut up from the moment I unmute since they know it’s me bound to speak.

Not only the microphone won’t filter background noise at all (which is a feature I was mistakenly expecting): it maximizes it like no other microphone you have ever used. My assumption is you can only use this microphone when in a completely silent environment but then why would you use a noise cancelling headset in that situation?

Please, please, provide some help on this major issue: can we tune the microphone sensitivity somehow? Should we expect firmware updates that fix this? Will the QC25 mic-cable be of any use?

Thank you.

Friendly Fanatic

I'm having the exact same issue with mic sensativity when in public places. It's not really usable unless you are totally in a quiet place. Will this be fixed with an update? The calling functionality of this device isn't very practical in it's current state. 

Audible Advocate

I too have the exact same problem. I can only use the QC35's for calling when I'm alone in the room, and that kind of defeats the purpose..  Would like to see Bose release a firmware update to address this issue ASAP. This has bothered me to the extend that I have bought Sony MDR-1000X and they are much better, both in call quality, sound/music quality and the noise cancellation is just as good or better.

Bose can't let this stand!

Strident Supporter

This is really weird.  Others have complained that the microphones are too WEAK!  They state that, during phone conversations, others can not hear them.

Silent Starter

I agree. I "upgraded" from a pair of QC25 headphones and have been very disappointed by these for the terrible way that the microphone picks up everything and amplifies it. Making calls with these headphones is not recommended.

I'm just curious why this worked fine with my QC25s but it's so terrible with these.